This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Name: Tonee Burley

Year: Junior

Hometown: Pennsauken, NJ

Major: Communication Disorders Social Sciences Honors Track

Minor: Social Justices

Activities/clubs: Theta Phi Alpha, The Feminist Collective, NSSLHA, PLI Mentor, Honors College Mentor 

Sign: Pisces

Relationship status: Happily taken

Fun Facts

Favorite Quote: “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style” ― Maya Angelou

Dream vacation: Jeju Island, Korea

Dream job: If I could get paid to travel and teach people about social justices issues that’d be pretty cool. 

Pet peeve: Not being on time

Celeb crush: Robert Pattinson

Love Life

First thing you notice about a guy: His fashion sense

Your most attractive quality: I think I’m a genuinely warm and friendly person

First kiss: I was on a People to People trip across Europe. We were in Paris that day and a boy on the trip that I had been crushing on kissed me at the top of the Eiffel tower. 

Turn-on: Confidence

Turn-off: Ignorance/ Sexist remarks 

Perfect date: Exploring part of a city I’ve never been to, thrifting for some books and ending the night with desert (*cough, cough* Tyler) 

Best pick up line: “My preferred gender pronouns happen to be ‘us’ and ‘we.'” or any #ActivistPickupLines 

Favorites

Favorite song: Oh my gosh this is too hard. I’ve been listening to “Jet Pack Blues” by Fall Out Boy a lot

Favorite movie: Too many. But I’ll pick a newer one: Big Hero Six

Favorite TV show:  What Not To Wear

Favorite book: The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky

Favorite sport: I can tolerate watching baseball the longest.

Favorite team: Mets

Favorite food: Any kind of vegetarian Mexican food. 

Favorite dessert: Cookie Dough Ice Cream

Just For Fun

Celebrity Look-a-like: I’ve gotten Meagan Good in the past so we’ll go with that.

Choose a super-power: Flight, for sure. 

Best class you have taken at WPUNJ: Race, Gender, and Social Justices with Dr. Scala.

Reason you choose to go to WPUNJ: There’s an accelerated BA/MS program for Communication Disorders. 

Choose three people to have dinner with – one living, one dead and one fictional: Audre Lorde, Mindy Kaling, Hiccup & Toothless! 

The Disney princess you most relate to and why: Princess Jasmine because she’s determined to stay true to her heart. 

Where someone can find you on campus: Working in The Women’s Center or running around campus. 

Valissa Hicks is a senior at WPUNJ, currently majoring in communications, with an emphasis on public relations and minoring in professional sales. She is graduating in Spring 2016 and cannot wait to start her professional career!  Her ultimate career goal is to be an event planner/coordinator for major corporations or possibly work under major event planners in NYC. Being a huge sports lover and a die hard Giants and Devils fan, she would love to experience something in that area as well. Traveling the world and understanding people better is something she hopes to accomplish as well. She is up for any challenge that comes her way and is always happy to help a person in need. Currently residing in Rockland County, NY with her grandparents, Scout (her puppy), her older brother and sister. She loves reading, fashion, makeup and food! Cooking and baking are an integrate part of her life and loves creating new recipes for her friends and family to try. 
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"