‘The Voice’: Hailey Mia and Her Jaw-Dropping Performance

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

As a New Jersey native, there have been many celebrities and athletes who have started off their careers in New Jersey. On Monday, September 27th, 2021, blind auditions were held for ‘The Voice’, and many viewers were in shock with one performance in particular. Singing Tate McRae’s ‘You Broke Me First’ song, Hailey Mia landed a spot on the show and will work with Ariana Grande throughout the show. 

What is so special about Hailey Mia? She is only 13-years-old and is from the same county as I am! All four coaches on the show, Blake Shelton, Ariana Grande, Kelly Clarkson, and John Legend, were all shocked at Hailey’s voice as Ariana and Kelly fought for Hailey to be on one of their teams. Imagine that, Kelly Clarkson and Ariana Grande want you to join their team on ‘The Voice’. There is definitely a bright path to Hailey’s future as she is gifted and talented at a young age.  

Social media was speechless and freaking out over the performance and overall, how young Hailey is. The singer herself mentioned how she has been waiting to turn 13 to audition for the show itself and what was funny about the coach’s reaction was that they believed Hailey was around her twenties!  

The many years of Hailey Mia practicing and singing in her bedroom (that can be seen through her Instagram @officialhaileymia) have definitely paid off. There were other young contestants on ‘The Voice’ and for Hailey to get two chairs turned around is a huge accomplishment! We New Jersey residents are in full support of her journey and cannot wait to see how far she will go!  

hii! My name is Camila and I love to play sports, watch Disney and Marvel Movies, and listen to music! Dogs and dolphins are my favorite animals.