On my block Netflix
On my block Netflix
Netflix

The Final Chapter for On My Block

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

There are huge spoilers coming up so if you still have not watched the final season, grab some popcorn, tissues, and head over to your nearest device right now.  

There are a few main events that happened in this final season, including their senior prom, how they reunited in the first place, and the unfortunate deaths of both Oscar and Abuelita. If you watched season three, you already know that in the last episode at the end, viewers see Monse going to a boarding school. She then asks the other four if nothing is going to change to which her friends assure her everything is going to stay the same. However, what made everyone widened their eyes was how the episode showed a ‘two years later’ scene where Jamal is on the football team all popular, Ruby and Jasmine are a couple, and Cesar has taken over as the ringleader of his gang. That is way too much to take in for the last episode.  

As you can expect, the first few minutes of season four shows the friends and their new lives until they get reunited after learning new information about Cuchillo’s death. It was also around Christmas when they met each other once again and Monse seemed to be the only one expecting a hug when she came home. Besides that, Ruby shockingly goes to prison to visit Latrelle to get closure after he received a letter from him. The others however don’t know about his visit. Jamal has a huge character change and if it weren’t for the gang’s reunion, he possibly wouldn’t have been normal Jamal again let’s be real. Two years later, Cesar went full Santos but is trying to save money to pay back the other three even if they didn’t talk as much anymore. With Jasmine, there are two different characters we see from her this season. The first half she is seen loving Ruby and by his side throughout everything whereas in the second half of the show, she is trying to find who she is and move on as college was around the corner. In the end, Ruby and Jasmine went to prom together and it was so cute.

Each of the five main characters are facing their own problems whether it relates to gangs, college, etc. In the end of the season however, differences are pushed aside and they spend time which each other once more. Unfortunately, this fourth season of On My Block is the last season Netflix will be having. If you haven’t checked the social medias for the show itself, then you will be shocked at the next news.

Producers have revealed that there will be a spin-off series on Netflix called Freeridge. Hopefully the original group gets featured and viewers at least know and have an update on their lives. There are no official details on when the show may get released but I cannot wait to see what happens with this new crew!

To find out more about what happens on season four of On My Block, binge watch it overnight (I’m kidding, get some sleep) or watch it before work or school. If you have never watched it before, I highly recommend it as you watch these diverse and hysterical characters deliver a show about what it’s like to survive and have adventure at the same time.

hii! My name is Camila and I love to play sports, watch Disney and Marvel Movies, and listen to music! Dogs and dolphins are my favorite animals.