This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Before The Tour

First things first, how are you getting there? You have your ticket, but how will you join the rest of the Swifties at the stadium? Arranging transportation should be your top priority before the show.

• Car
  • Train
  • Cab
  • Ride Sharing App
  • Relative or Friend
  • Walking
  • Plane

Most people order a ticket for a city close by, but if you have not arranged places to stay while traveling, this is important. Depending on when your concert date is, hotels may fill up fast (especially during the summer). Typical travel details such as food, toiletries, transportation, and a place to stay should all be accounted for as soon as possible!

Getting Ready for the Show

A concert is a significant, and sometimes once-in-a-lifetime, event. Many concertgoers take as many pictures as possible to remember the event. If you are selected for a meet-and-greet with Taylor, it will be great for pictures.

Costumes are also a big part of concerts. You will find many Swifites dressed to impress. Many of Taylor Swift’s most iconic outfits will be replicated in a DIY manner. Some of the most common costumes made are from her older albums, like Fearless and Red.

Merch is also, of course, a popular item to wear. Most concertgoers will have something from the website to show their support. Buying from small businesses on Etsy is another way to get merch. Items purchased from these smaller shops will be unique. There will also be plenty of merch stores in the stadium for you to browse before the concert starts.

Before The Show

Many devoted fans will show up super early, so do not be surprised if you feel late despite showing up early. Based on other shows, the doors for the concert open at around 4:30pm. There will be hustlers outside the stadium with illegitimate items trying to bargain with you. Be careful and make sure what you are purchasing is legit! Legitimate vendors frequently have the longest lines or the most workers nearby. Most stadiums on the tour list have gone cashless, so make sure you have a card to make payments. If you ever have a question, ask the stadium staff or Taylor Nation (the official management team).

Before entering the stadium, you will go through security. Your bag must be within the regulations provided by the stadium. I strongly advise you to read the stadium rules before purchasing a bag. Some stadiums have a requirement for the bag to be see through and of a certain size. Small businesses have accommodated these guidelines to make sure their merch is usable for the concert. Being cooperative with security is important for the safety of yourself, other fans, staff, and Taylor herself. Re-entry is never permitted, so make sure you have all your belongings with you.

Opening acts are included in the production. Artists depend on your venue the confirmed opening acts can include performances from Paramore, Phoebe Bridgers, MUNA, HAIM, Gayle, Gracie Abrams, OWENN, and beabadoobee.

During The Show

Posters? Posters. Many artists encourage their fans to make posters and interact with the posters regularly during the performance. Taylor does not interact with them, and they are discouraged from her concerts. They obstruct the view of other attendees. She will never interact with a poster. The show is a production. Taylor will speak to the crowd at predetermined times and to everyone, not just one fan.

During the show, Taylor Nation will be observing the crowd to see who is energetic and maintaining that energy throughout the entire show (even the openers). Fans can be selected for an upgrade to their pass or for a meet and greet with Taylor before, during, and after the show. A small group of fans will be selected to meet her out of the huge crowd, so do not go into the concert with the expectation of meeting her. I emphasize this because many fans go to the concert with this expectation and are extremely disappointed.

Have fun! Enjoy your favorite songs. Sing, dance, and talk with other Switfties. Make the most of the concert. It cost a lot to be there, so make the most of it.

After The Show

After the show, you may still be able to obtain any merchandise that the vendors still have. Unless you have a meet-and-greet pass for afterwards, many fans will simply leave to go home. Making sure you have transportation is important. Ride-sharing apps will quickly fill up as fans leave. Drivers not affiliated with rideshare apps will try to hustle you. Be careful and get home safe!

Fan Projects

Taylor Swift fan pages have come together to make fan projects to take place during the concert. The most popular project at the moment is the “You’re On Your Own Kid” project. The idea came from the line: “Make the friendship bracelets, take the moments and taste it.” Fans have decided to make friendship bracelets to trade with other fans during the concert.

Girl With Peace Pigtails Sign Back
Alanna Martine Kilkeary / Her Campus

What Should You Bring?

• Ticket (obviously)
  • Bag that meets the regulations of the stadium
  • Phone with portable charger
  • Wallet (most stadiums are card-only)
  • Face Mask
  • Hand Sanitizer
  • Friendship bracelets to participate in the fan project
  • Poncho (in case it rains)
  • Ear plugs (for those with sensory issues)
  • Small first aid kit

Concert Etiquette

• Be polite and nice
  • Do not stand in the aisle
  • Do not obstruct other fans view of the performance
  • Be respectful to staff
  • Clean up after yourself
  • Do not push, shove, or butt in line
  • Be aware of others while you are dancing
  • Enjoy yourself
Hello, I'm Grace! I'm a student at William Paterson University. I write for Her Campus and for my own personal enjoyment. When I'm not writing, I'm busy being a dedicated swiftie and history nerd.