Substance Salon: Your New Go-to For Your Hair

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Substance Salon and Barber Spa (voted Best Hair and Makeup on the Knot Magazine and featured in “Best Hair Salons in the U.S” on heyheygorgeous.com is now located on 52 Park Avenue in Rutherford, NJ. It recently opened after its big move from Lyndhurst, NJ. Their move was another accomplishment for the already successful salon, showing off their modern and light atmosphere in a spacious new facility. It’s good news for all of us collegiettes in search for a new salon that knows how to take proper care of our locks!

The salon feels extremely comfortable and welcoming once you step through their doors or call by phone with their exceptional customer service experience. Both the stylists and staff create a friendly and educated team ready to chat or answer any question a customer may have. The experience you have at the salon from the moment you try it will leave you wanting more and most definitely setting up appointments for the future. There is no way you won’t fall in love with not only the salon’s style but also the staff and stylists that have made the salon blossom into what it is now! 

A variety of services (basically everything your hair may need done) are offered to customers, including modern hair styles and color techniques that will have you strolling around with that “Beyonce feel” for any season. One of the neatest installments in their new facility is the Blowdry Bar — it’s the only one in the area! It allows customers to walk in for a quick wash and blow-dry that also offers hair and make-up specials. So whether you want to look a little extra done-up for a lunch with the gals or dinner with your new beau, this provides a perfect way for you to have your hair looking luxurious and flawless. Hair commercial approved? I sure do think so! 

Once your hair has been blown out, colored, or completely made over with whatever you shared with the salon, the Unite Product Line is available there at your purchase. It is a high fashion and Vegan/plant based stylist’s product that includes products for at home care too being shampoo, conditioner, and deep conditioning treatments. I recently purchased the Unite Shampoo and Conditioner pair at my last appointment (I had my ombré magically done by stylist Andrea). I highly recommend these products because not only do they smell absolutely amazing but you can really feel the ingredients working to take care of your hair as you’re washing it. It makes your color shine and last while leaving your locks as looking as if you just stepped out of Substance.

If this doesn’t sound like the perfect hair salon, there is sure to be more! Substance Salon also has a sister company called Styling The Bride that offers bridal hair styling and make up artistry for you soon-to-be brides on location. I can hear wedding bells already with that beautiful hair and makeup all done just right. 

You can check out more information and photos on the incredibly talented salon at Substancesalon.com as well as book an appointment with them for any of your hair needs! You’re guaranteed to leave your hair feeling healthy, nourished, and absolutely on-point! Fabulous hair, fabulous feelings!

Photo/GIF credit goes to photobucket.com, shop.unitehair.com, weheartit.com and tumblr.com

A senior at William Paterson University with a English Literature major and minor in Fine Art. Victoria believes there is no limit to what you can do in life just as long as you stay positive, motivated and are happy doing so. Her creativity shines through many outlets from her lifestyle blog, articles on Her Campus and being a Beauty Director and Style Columnist at Cliché Magazine. Her success in the digital magazine and blogging world earned her the Best DIY Blogs in March 2014. Anything chocolate flavored, elephant related, and Stephen King distinguished are her absolute favorites. 
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"