This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Name: Steve Franco

Major: Bachelor of Fine Arts with a focus in Animation

Hometown: Ridgefield, NJ

Fun Fact: Always a metalhead at heart.

Favorites:

Color: Red.

Food: Mandarin Orange Veggie Chicken.

Band: Down.

Artists: John Waters & Egon Schiele.

Quote: “Have faith in your own bad taste.” – John Waters.

HC: Who got you interested in art?

SF: My father got me interested in art. He’s a cartoonist, and he showed me classic cartoons, old films, and comic books as a child and helped bring out my own creativity in my life.

HC: So where do you find inspiration?

SF: I find inspiration from looking for the beauty in the grotesque and disgusting. I like to challenge social norms in my art, from the perception of beauty/sex appeal, to gender identity, to the way we perceive life.

HC: What’s something new in art you learned at WPUNJ?

SF: Something new I have learned at WPUNJ is how to start turning my cartoons and characters into short film.

HC: Where do you see your art career in 10 years?

SF: In ten years I hope to have at least made a name for myself. My goal is to eventually have a show on adult swim or be able to create series of short films and be able to spread my art around.

HC: How has art influenced who you are right now?

SF: Art has influenced who I am right now by giving me an outlet to get out my anxiety and depression in a healthy way that doesn’t harm me.

HC: How do you think art can help make the world a better place?

SF: I think art can make the world a better place because it can expand people’s minds and make them think about issues and things that they would never normally contemplate, even if they disagree with them.

Be sure to check out Steve Franco’s Instagram : @fucktasticfranco

I am a Business Administration student at William Paterson University, graduating in 2015. I am the Social Media Manager at Her Campus WPUNJ. When I'm not working on my assignments, I'm eating food and seeking adventure. I also love to exercise, travel and  spend time with my dog. I try to always enjoy the little things in life, because to me, they are the big things.Be sure to tweet at me! @lalalexiiiii
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"