Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Funny Stories to Make Yourself Feel Better for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

The Hershey Kiss

Once in the 5th grade, I got my crush one of those giant Hershey kisses for Valentine’s day but I was too nervous to give it to him, so I had a friend do it for me. She went and gave it to him and she was there for about two minutes. When she came back I asked her how it went and she told me that he said “it looks like a piece of poop” and I was utterly devastated, heart crushed. My friend then went up to him and told him that he hurt my feelings, which she really didn’t need to do, I would have preferred that she let me sit at the table and wallow. He then came up to me afterward and apologized and said that he really liked it, and I was so happy. I thought this meant that I had a chance, that he would fall in love with me and we would live happily ever after. He then started dating my best friend two weeks later. Heart = crushed, once again.

Eleven Dollars

In the times when my ex and I were not together, we would still talk and act as if we were together, but would just be taking a little break. One time during one of those breaks, I hinted to him that I wanted to get my nails done but I didn’t have any money, and he said he would send me the money for my nails but I only needed the deposit, which was $11. After he sent me the money, I sent it to the nail tech to make the deposit and that was that, or so I thought. A couple of days later we got into an argument and to be petty, he asked for his money back. I had told him that I couldn’t give it back because I had deposited it, but he was being petty and rude, yelling for me to give him his money back. I ended up blocking him because he wouldn’t leave me alone over $11. The next day he calls me from his mom’s phone and starts yelling for his money again, so I had to block his mom’s number too. After I blocked both his number and his mom’s number, he decided to call both of my parents and tell them that I stole his money. I then had to explain to my parents that I DID NOT steal his money but that he was in fact just crazy. Keep in mind that he did not tell my parents how much money it was, so they’re thinking that I owed him a large amount of money. When they found out it was $11 they laughed and said “ELEVEN DOLLARS?!!??! Block that boy and never talk to him again”. I did just as they said, next thing I know, he sends me flowers with a card saying “I’m so sorry, I shouldn’t have called your parents, I love you Pookie, don’t be mad at me”. I don’t even remember if ended up getting my nails done in the end.

My Almost First Time

The first time I almost lost my virginity, I was hooking up with a guy in a car and things were getting heated. At one point, things hit their peak and he was about to try and have sex with me, but I stopped him and told him I was on my period. When that happened, he just paused, looked at me, and then got out of the car and walked away. He left me alone in the running car for about 15 minutes. No idea where he went or what he was doing and he didn’t even take his phone. Then when he finally came back to the car, all he said was “I’m gonna take you home now”. He then proceeded to do exactly that, and drive me home in what would have been complete and utter silence, except for the 21 Savage song that was playing quietly in the background. When we got to my house he said “Thank you”, I responded “You’re welcome” and that was that. I never spoke to him again. 

Hello! I'm Brianna, I'm 20 years old and I just really enjoy writing. I hope to maybe be able to do something with it professionally in the future but for right now it's just a hobby. I love the Her Campus community and I'm excited to be a part of it!