Samantha Boyle ’17: Upcoming Her Campus WPUNJ President

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Name: Samantha Boyle

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Metuchen, M-town, Home of the Bulldogs

Major: Public Relations

Minor: Visual Communication

Activities/clubs: Her Campus (soon to be the next WPUNJ Chapter President), working out, hiking, intramurals, and eating, a lot of eating

Sign: Aquarius

Relationship status: Single

Fun Facts

Favorite quote: “Whatever you do in life will be insignificant, but it’s very important that you do it because nobody else will.”

Dream vacation: Anywhere where I can see my feet in the ocean; in-pool bar is a bonus. Or somewhere I can pet baby elephants — or any animal, for that matter

Dream job: I would love to work with animals, really, or insects (I do that now with butterflies) but PR for a zoo is equally as fun!

Pet peeve: Arrogant people, I’m getting irritated just thinking about it

Celeb crush: I have more than one, sorry! Leonardo DiCaprio (either young “Titanic” version, or man bun/beard combo version – there’s no in between, and with his South African “Blood Diamonds” accent). Chris John Millington, look him up and thank me later. Orlando Bloom “Kingdom of Heaven” version (scruff and flow included).

Love Life

First thing you notice about a guy: Either his smile or his eyes, or tattoos; it’s a good icebreaker.

Your most attractive quality: My smile because it’s definitely not my alluring, attractive, seductive brown eyes.

First kiss: HA, oh, this one’s good. I was definitely a late bloomer and no shame in saying that — I was 14. I got dropped off in the parking lot near my house and came around the side of his car WHILE he was still in the car and pecked him like a chicken.

Turn-on: Beards; if you’re lumberjack material it’s over. Or those “V’s” that some guys have (ladies, we all know what that is).

Turn-off: Bad breath; it really grosses me out. Or bad teeth.

Perfect date: A date where I’m not the one thinking about what to do. If a guy knows exactly what we’re doing, that’s refreshing. Or something non-traditional like rock-climbing, the aquarium — just something unique.

Best pick-up line: I HAVE THIS SCREENSHOTTED; WAIT A SECOND, IT’S SO LONG. “I would get in the ring blindfolded by Mike Tyson in his prime right after he snorted a bunch of coke and go fifteen bare-knuckle rounds just for the chance to thank your parents personally for delivering such a heavenly blessed beauty into this world.”

Favorites

Song: At the moment, “Valley Girls” by Blackbear

Movie: Shutter Island

TV Show: An Idiot Abroad

Book: The Lovely Bones or The Crow-girl series

Sport: Anyone who knows me well enough saw this topic and moved on already. It’s a given, hockey.

Team: New York Rangers, baby

Food: My dad’s homemade turkey chili

Dessert: Ben & Jerry’s Cherry Garcia

Just For Fun

Celebrity look-a-like: So far I’ve gotten Chrissy Tegian, Victoria Justice and Kendal Jenner (when I part my hair straight).

Choose a super-power: To speak every language

Best class you’ve taken at WPUNJ: Best class by far was my anthropology class with Professor Kromidas. She just made the class so fun and her wardrobe is sick.

Reason you came to WPUNJ: I only applied to two schools, here and URI, loved URI but I’d have to sell my left arm and kidneys to go there so this was the better option financially. Also trees were at the top of my NEED list so WPU was perfect.

Thing(s) you are most excited for about next year: Living in the apartments and having our Tequila and Taco Tuesdays (all are welcome). But obviously also running Her Campus WPUNJ. I have some big shoes to fill!

Choose three people to have dinner with – one living, one dead and one fictional: Derick Brassard, Robin Williams, and Louise from “Bob’s Burgers”.

The Disney Princess you most relate to and why: Sleeping Beauty because that girl knows how to sleep and because she’s homies with all the animals. Or Merida because of her hair. I understand the curly hair struggle everyday. She’s also a badass, plain and simple and doesn’t take crap from anyone. I love that.

Where someone can find you one campus: I’m all over the place really. When I get back into the groove, you’ll see me at the gym a lot.

Valissa Hicks is a senior at WPUNJ, currently majoring in communications, with an emphasis on public relations and minoring in professional sales. She is graduating in Spring 2016 and cannot wait to start her professional career!  Her ultimate career goal is to be an event planner/coordinator for major corporations or possibly work under major event planners in NYC. Being a huge sports lover and a die hard Giants and Devils fan, she would love to experience something in that area as well. Traveling the world and understanding people better is something she hopes to accomplish as well. She is up for any challenge that comes her way and is always happy to help a person in need. Currently residing in Rockland County, NY with her grandparents, Scout (her puppy), her older brother and sister. She loves reading, fashion, makeup and food! Cooking and baking are an integrate part of her life and loves creating new recipes for her friends and family to try. 
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"