Pulling All Nighters

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Ahhhhh all nighters, they seem so cool when you a little kid and wanted to break the rules by staying up past your bed time. But when you’re in college you wish you had a bedtime of 9:00 and all nighters are dreaded because you won’t be up watching Netflix (except if you’re procrastinating like me) but instead doing homework and studying. So coming from me, I would like to think I am the queen of all nighters considering I stayed up 62 hours straight once. ( I HIGHLY do not recommend this, there was a lot of caffeine and crying involved) I wanna give all you studious people some tips to pulling one good all nighter for finals. 

You will need copious amounts of coffee. The caffeine will keep you awake at times when you start seeing the inside of your eye lids. Energy drinks are an alternative but definitely an unhealthy option.     

Since you’ll be drinking tons of caffeine, it will make you dehydrated causing you to start feeling sick, unable to do homework. Drinking water will keep going and feeling good inside.

Grab some healthy snacks. I know that comfort food is prime during this time, but some of those foods will make you sluggish and counter the momentum of energy you head going. An apple will be light and fuel your mind.

Have a schedule of your assignments to do. This will keep you organized, keep your mind sane/ focused and is a list to keep you working so you don’t get too overwhelmed.

If possible have a study buddy. Not necessarily someone who has the same classes as you but someone who is also down to pull an all nighter doing their assignments. This is a good way to have a friend to talk to if you need a break or someone to keep you motivated to do your work and not fall asleep.

Lastly, give yourself a break! Whether it be one Netflix show or a short power nap. You don’t wanna to burn out too soon, plus with all that’s studying you deserve it.

Good luck! 

Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"