Pastel Sprung: How to Rock This Spring’s Color Trend

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Just as the flowers are starting to bud, pastel colors have bloomed again into our trending fashion. Mints, baby pinks and blues, peaches, and primrose yellows are just some of the infinite colors in the pastel palette. Pastels always seem to be associated with spring and Easter time for their soft but bold appearance. They’re exact replicas of colors in nature that many of us look in awe of. What better way to capture these beautiful colors than by adding them to our wardrobe?

It’s incredibly easy to find anything pastel-colored during the springtime in your favorite stores. They’re literally splashed on everything and everywhere as if in celebration for finally being able to display them. One of the advantages of adding some pieces like this to your wardrobe is that they can act as basic items that you can layer on one another or pair with other apparel effortlessly. They add that extra pop of color you may need to brighten your smile on a sunny day.

These colors don’t just stop with clothing but also slide on into our nail polishes. There is no way you can not be happy when looking at your nails with these colors painted on. We listed some of our favorite colors from well known brands for all of you collegiettes.

1. Nicole by OPI I’ll Take The Salmon
  2. Essie Style Hunter
  3. Sinful Colors Tokyo Pearl
  4. Butter London Sprog
  5. Revlon Parfumerie Tropical Rain

Accessories, too, have shown us all some pastel love in the form of statement necklaces, hats, and purses. We can’t get enough of these trending colors, and obviously neither can the fashion world. Check these adorable accessories out that we just had to share!

Macaron Coin Purse – givesimple.com $14

Mint Purse – forever21.com $25

Pastel Floral Tie Set – forever21.com $3

Knit Beanie – riverisland.com $12

Not only are these colors absolutely eye catching, but macarons always seem to come to mind when thinking of these darling colors. Now what’s better than that? 

Photos credited to givesimple.com, forever21.com, riverisland.com, weheartit.com, everythingniceblog.com, and tumblr.com.

A senior at William Paterson University with a English Literature major and minor in Fine Art. Victoria believes there is no limit to what you can do in life just as long as you stay positive, motivated and are happy doing so. Her creativity shines through many outlets from her lifestyle blog, articles on Her Campus and being a Beauty Director and Style Columnist at Cliché Magazine. Her success in the digital magazine and blogging world earned her the Best DIY Blogs in March 2014. Anything chocolate flavored, elephant related, and Stephen King distinguished are her absolute favorites. 
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"