My Childhood Dream Prom

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Let’s take you back to the year 2004, when a little movie called A Cinderella Story came out. Being the young nine-year-old I was, I thought this was how my dream prom would be when I reached the age of seventeen. (Literally, I thought Chad Michael Murray would be my date) I was quite disappointed to find out the there was no mystery guy at the other end of a text conversation, but given the world now, that’s probably for the best. Even though we’re facing reality, join me on this reminiscing journey. Sam (Hillary Duff) starts out the night by deciding last minute to break some rules in order to meet her dream guy. We all dream of being that rebellious teen who sneaks out for an adventure to meet her dream guy. Then, she finds the PERFECT dress, last minute, lucky her. As she walks down the stairs, ALL eyes are on her, which let’s face it, that doesn’t happen at any prom, but how awesome would it be if it did! She met her Prince Charming (Chad Michael Murray). Who wouldn’t want the captain of the football team on their arm in high school? As they dance to the violinist, who decided to only play music for them of course, they talk. Who can forget the iconic line “Do you believe in love at first sight?” “I’ll let you know.” Truly a moment we’ve all recreated with one of our crushes in our minds. Then, there was that crushing moment that she had to run away before he took off her mask. Thankfully, they eventually found each other as every good love story ends, went to Princeton together and lived happily ever after.

Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"