This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Name: Megan Galema

Year: Junior

Hometown: Union, NJ

Extra-curricular activities: Student Ambassador, Staff Writer for the Pioneer Times, Development Manager for Her Campus WPUNJ, and Contributing Writer for Edge Magazine (a local online music magazine).

Fun fact: I can play the violin, piano, ukulele, and sing.

Favorite quote: “When I was five years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy.’ They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” – John Lennon

HC: What’s your favorite thing about being a student ambassador?

MG: I work with a bunch of crazy, fun-loving people. Giving a tour with someone gives you a chance to really get to know your coworkers, and that’s the best part! A lot of the people I work with have become some of my closest friends.

HC: Tell me about your responsibilities for Her Campus.

MG:  Her Campus is a website geared towards college women. We publish articles from a style blog to tips for dating and we feature interviews with campus cuties and celebrities. I have been writing for Her Campus since it first launched last March. One week I’ll write a blog and the next week I might interview someone. I like to change gears every once in a while. I was actually appointed as Development Manager last semester. Basically, I train the new members to work and navigate the site. I give them a rundown of how to upload content and explain what type of content we are looking for on the site. I also go over some of the features you can use to intertwine multiple media in one article—like embedding videos or pictures.

HC: What do you like to do in your free time?

MG: I honestly just like spending quality time with my friends and family. We usually sneak in a jam session and those are always fun. If I’m not with them, you can probably find me with a good book in my hand, playing volleyball, or indulging in some good TV.

HC: What has been your favorite class at WPUNJ, and why?

MG: So far my favorite class has been TV Studio Production. It’s a hands-on class, and I definitely learn better that way. I learned a lot about behind the scene jobs, like being a technical director and developed a better understanding of what it takes to produce and execute a live TV show. My class was filled with clowns but in a good way. I always looked forward to it because I knew I would get a good laughing and learning experience.

HC: If you could go back in time and give yourself a piece of advice about the future what would it be?

MG: I would tell myself that you can’t control the things that come your way, even though it may be hard not to try. Sometimes you just have to let things be. You learn a lot about yourself when you have to pick up the pieces.

HC: Where do you see yourself in ten years?

MG: It’s hard to say exactly. Ten years down the road is pretty far away. I honestly don’t know what I’m going to be doing next year! If I had to imagine it, I hope to be working for a magazine and travelling the world.

Nicole attends William Paterson University and is majoring in English with a concentration in writing. She is 21 and lives in Livingston, NJ. She loves to read, watch Netflix, and nap as often as she can. She also loves her dog and anything feline-related.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"