A Letter to My Future Roommate

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Dear Future Roomie,

I just want to let you know that no, I am not a creep, but I have already Facebook AND Instagram stalked you, and I love what I am seeing. I have always imagined having a roommate, and I’m so glad it’s going to be you. I can’t wait to meet you and start decorating our dorm room. 

From the moment roommate selections were first posted and I saw your name, I knew this was the beginning of something special. I’m so glad that we hit it off from the start and could figure things out smoothly.

I already have so many plans for us; movie nights with popcorn, heart-to-hearts all night long, rushing the same sorority so we can be actual “sisters”, hanging out at parties, helping each other with homework, singing our hearts out, and so much more! I know there will be times that we fight like an old married couple, but that won’t get in the way of this newly found friendship.

Roomie, I will respect your wishes on the rules and decorations you want for the room, as I hope you will respect mine, too. Don’t worry, they aren’t that ridiculous. I’ll make sure to turn the light off if you’re ready to go to sleep. I’ll even miss the new episode of Grey’s Anatomy if you need a quiet room to study for upcoming exams.               

I’ll make sure you’re awake for your 8 a.m. class, that your clothes match, and that you don’t smell like you just sprayed a bottle of perfume on yourself before running out of the room. I’ll be your shoulder to cry on when a boy breaks your heart, but let’s be honest, no one is going to hurt my roomie. I promise I won’t leave my clothes all over the place, I promise I’ll ask to borrow that cute dress before taking it, and I promise that no matter what, I will never make you feel uncomfortable in your own room.

I can’t promise you that I’m going to be the perfect roommate, but I can promise that I will try my best. I’ll always have your back regardless of the decisions you make… unless that boy is just not cute, then I’ll have to tell you no.

I can’t wait to see you on move in day!

Love,

Your new roomie!

My name is Nasia (pronounced Asia with an N). I’m 24 years old, born and raised in New Jersey. I transferred to William Paterson University, where I found my passion for Public Relations and all things social media. Joining Her Campus was the best decision I ever made. I love what I do and I love sharing what I do with others who love it just as much.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"