This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Name: Kelly Doran

Year: Junior

Hometown: Old Bridge, NJ

Major: English, History and Education

Extra-Curricular Activities: Student Ambassador, Coordinator for the Pioneer Overnight Program, Peer Leader, Orientation Leader, VP of Theta Phi Alpha, VP of Sigma Tau Delta (English honor society), member of Phi Alpha Theta (History honor society), member of the Honors Club, member of the History Club, and member of Writers Anonymous. 

Fun Fact: I broke my ankle when I was 5 jumping over a gravestone. 

Favorite Quote: “Nowadays people know the price of everything, and the value of nothing.”  –The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

This is going to be my first tattoo!

With tons of responsibilites and so little time it’s amazing how anyone can stay sane, but Kelly Doran, WPUNJ junior, puts this to the test. Although she has so much on her plate, the humble sister of Theta Phi Alpha doesn’t let her many responsibilities drive her insane.

HC: You became a Peer Leader last semester. How was working with the freshman class? Are there any lessons that you have learned that you want to carry out into your own teaching career?

KD: I really enjoyed working with the freshman class because in my First Year Seminar class I didn’t have a Peer Leader. I felt like I was able to help them more because there were a few things I wish I knew freshman year that I was able to share with them. The biggest lesson that I learned is that I can’t plan everything, even though I want to! Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.

HC: At what point in your life did you know teaching was meant for you?

KD: My sophomore year of high school, I had the most amazing English teacher. She was so down-to-earth, quirky, and knowledgeable. I told her that I was considering teachingg because of her and she let me lead a class one day. It was one of the best days of high school for me because I was in my element. I really just enjoy doing research, teaching people what I know, and learning from others through discussion.

HC: You have a lot on your plate. How do you manage to get everything done without going insane?

KD: I am a big believer in time management. All of my days are planned from the minute I wake up to the minute I go to bed. Sometimes it sucks, but I wouldn’t get anything done otherwise.  

HC: When you’re not in class or attending to your extra-curricular activities, how do you like to spend your time?

KD: Honestly, I love binging on Netflix, hanging out with my friends and family, going to concerts, or reading.

HC: If you had the opportunity to time travel to the past or the future, which one would you chose and why?

KD: Past. I love history, and I would love to be able to meet some of my idols like Abraham Lincoln, Oscar Wilde, William Shakespeare, or see my grandmother again.

HC: What would be your one piece of advice to future Pioneers?

KD: Know what WPUNJ has to offer you. There are a bunch of opportunities on and off campus, and you should take advantage of as many as you possibly can.

Megan Galema is a senior at William Paterson University in Wayne, NJ. She is a double major in Print Journalism and Public Relations. She was appointed the development manager and managing editor of Her Campus WPUNJ, where she gets to work hands on with the new members of the chapter. Megan began as a contributing writer since it first launched in March 2013. She also works for Undergraduate Admissions at WPUNJ as the special tour coordinator and writes for The Pioneer Times. Megan is also a contributing writer for an online music magazine, EDGE, that highlights local bands, charity organizations and up and coming photographers.  
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"