This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Hey, loves! Check out this week’s Campus Cutie and see what he’s all about!

Name: Joseph Jansen

Year: Sophomore

Hometown: Carteret, NJ

Major: Music Management

Minor: N/A

Activities Clubs: I play bass in an indie rock band, Tula Vera. We play shows all across New Jersey, but mostly in Montclair for now. I’m also a member of the music fraternity on campus, Phi Mu Alpha. I play tuba in the WPU concert band and in the tuba/euphonium ensemble.

Sign: Virgo 

Relationship status: Taken 

Fun Facts

Favorite quote: “Sometimes I’ll start a sentence, and I don’t know where it’s going. I just hope I find it along the way.” – Michael Scott from The Office

Pet Peeve: Slow walkers. Like, move over! I got places to be!

Celeb Crush: Rashida Jones. I loved her in The Office and Parks and Rec! I haven’t been able to watch her new show Angie Tribeca, but from what I hear she’s as funny as ever. 

Love life 

First thing you notice about a crush: I guess it’s their sense of humor.

Your most attractive quality: Umm, I guess it’s my height? I don’t know; do girls have a thing for 6’3” guys?

First kiss: My first “real” girl friend in 7th grade. We kissed down the street from my old house. 

Turn-on: Probably creativity, and being humble and down-to-earth. 

Turn-off: Feet. Feet are gross. No way around that. 

Perfect Date: I’ll pick them up and grab coffee, chill for a little bit, then go to a house show or some DIY venue and see some cool bands. 

Favorites

Song: “Readymade” by The Red Hot Chili Peppers 

Movie: Forrest Gump 

Book: Pimp: The Story of My Life by Iceberg Slim. This is probably the first book I’ve read for fun in years. I still haven’t finished it, but its really drawn me in. 

Dessert: Apple pie. I’ll never turn down a slice of apple pie. 

Just for Fun

Choose a superpower: Time travel. Being able to go whenever I want, or to slow down and pause time. 

Best class you’ve taken at WPUNJ: I took an Ethical Well-Being class my first semester with Richard Marranca. We discussed Hinduism, Buddhism, Taoism, Confucianism, and touched base on some western religions. There was an optional trip where we would go to a Hindi temple and discuss the ethical ideals of Hindu people. I was the only one from class to go, but two of his students from Montclair University went. Marranca also bought me a samosa to have for lunch before the temple. 

Choose three people to have dinner with: Robin Williams, Steve Carell, and BoJack Horseman. That would be one funny dinner party!

Where to find me on campus: You can catch me at Shea just hanging out or practicing tuba during the week, or at the W right before they close the grill getting a chicken quesadilla. 

IG: joe_jansen

Twitter: I rarely use it but @Joe_Jansen98

Facebook: Joseph Jansen

Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"