Jenna Kapsis ’15: True Her Campus WPUNJ Celeb!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Hometown: Ringwood, NJ

Major: Marketing 

Minor: Public Relations 

Hobbies: Dancing & shopping 

Year: Sophomore 

Fun Fact: I’m at Victoria’s Secret every weekend buying something new.  I’m obsessed with everything Pink!

Jenna Kapsis is one of the co-foundresses of Her Campus WPUNJ and the voice behind our Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram posts! She’s also the team’s President and PR manager, both passions that fit right in with her major. Jenna is a collegiette through and through! But while Her Campus WPUNJ is, no doubt, a huge part of Jenna’s life, she’s got passions and talents and interests that make her a real Campus Celebrity even outside of HC.

HC: Can you give me a quick rundown of how you’re involved on campus?

JK: When I came in as a freshman in the fall of 2011, I started working as a Student Ambassador in the Undergraduate Admissions Office on campus.  I have been working there for almost two years now, giving campus tours and working their events.  I am a part of the Students’ Public Relations Association (SPRA), and I’m the co-founder and President of WPUNJ’s Her Campus branch. I explored Her Campus and saw the many great features, enticing content, and opportunities for college-age women and just loved it and wanted to start this for William Paterson students to experience! I occasionally write articles for our branch, but I spend most of my time handling publicity and managing the social media accounts.

HC: What is your favorite thing about WPUNJ?

JK: Well first, I think the campus is beautiful, especially this time of year!  I spend a lot of time at Valley Road for my business classes; it’s probably my favorite building!  As far as socially, I have truly met some of the greatest people here.  Whether they’re students, co-workers, or faculty members, everyone is super friendly! It’s fun going to class or work every day just because of all the amazing people I get to see.

HC: If you were given a chance to go back in the past, what memory would you relive?

JK: I would never change anything that has happened in the past because I believe that everything happens for a reason, and I wouldn’t be the person I am today.  However, if I could relive any memory, it would be when I went to my first Britney Spears concert for her Circus tour.  Her concert was my 16th birthday gift.  I was, and still am, her biggest fan!

HC: If you were to give your younger-self a piece of advice, what would it be?

JK: I would tell the younger me to not be so shy, be more positive, and to have more confidence in herself.  I would also tell the younger me to not underestimate her ability to succeed.

HC: What do you hope to accomplish within the next year?

JK: Whoa.  I don’t even know what I will accomplish in the next month!  I never like to think that far into the future.  I like to see where things take me.  I think it’s better to not have a detailed plan, at least for me anyways.  What’s meant to happen will happen.  I’d rather not expect so much or set my standards too high and get let down for lack of anything.  I can only hope that I continue to do well in my classes and maintain a good balance between my classes, work, and running Her Campus WPUNJ while still having fun.

HC: If you fast-forwarded 5 years from now, what would you be doing?

JK: In five years I will be 25! I hope I have a decent job, most likely a Marketing or Public Relations position, working for a big company in the New York/New Jersey area. Also, I intend on getting a Master’s degree along the way. 

Christine is the Co-Founder and former Editor-in-Chief of the WPUNJ branch of Her Campus. She graduated summa cum laude in May 2015 with BAs in English Literature and Secondary Education and a minor in Creative Writing. Christine currently lives in Maryland and likes to visit Washington, DC (but a little part of her will always miss New Jersey). She loves to edit and aspires to write the great American novel... eventually. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, hanging out with her husband and corgi puppy, fangirling over Marvel superheroes and Rothy's shoes, and watching Netflix.
Jenna is the Co-Founder, President and Social Media & Events Director of the WPUNJ branch of Her Campus.  She is a senior Marketing major with a minor in Public Relations.  In the fall 2014 semester, she interned with In Touch, Life & Style and Closer Weekly at Bauer Publishing in the public relations department.  In the spring 2015 semester, she is interning with Jaguar Land Rover North America in the network development department.  She is the Student Representative for the PR & Marketing Committee of WPUNJ, a MTV Trendspotter for MTV Insights and blogger of collegiate advice.  She is a member of Beta Gamma Sigma and Lambda Pi Eta honor societies, and will graduate Magna Cum Laude.  Previously, Jenna worked as a Student Ambassador and Tour Coordinator in the Admissions Office at WPUNJ, was a member of the Student Public Relations Association (SPRA) and was a publicity intern for Kim "Kim D" DePaola, owner of POSCHE Boutique in Wayne, NJ, who is featured on the Real Housewives of New Jersey.  Jenna's interests include dancing, shopping and hanging out with friends.  She loves everything pink and Britney Spears!