iCarly Season 2 is Coming and We Can’t Wait

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

iCarly got rebooted on Paramount Plus last summer, with their first season having thirteen episodes. The finale left us laughing and wondering what’s to come for season two!

In the finale, Carly, Freddie, Spencer, Harper, Millicent, Double Dutch, and Wes go to the annual Webicon Awards show. Carly is set to receive her Lifetime Achievement award, but their plans quickly go downhill as they find out the financial aspects of the event didn’t work out. They get stuck in the forest and Carly tries to be positive about it.

Carly and everyone else are shocked when they bump into Carly’s ex-boyfriend Beau at the forest and learn he’s the one presenting her award. This brings conflict between Carly and her new boyfriend Wes, especially since they have different outlooks on life. Meanwhile, Spencer and Millicent try to encourage Freddie to not give up on his career as an entrepreneur. Meanwhile, Harper and her boss Double Dutch realize they have romantic feelings for each other, but agree to focus on their professional careers instead.

The finale does have us wondering what the characters will do next. Who will Carly choose between Beau and Wes? How will Freddie stay motivated for his career? Can Harper and Double Dutch move past their feelings? What will Spencer do with his career and success? And what other surprises can we see in season two?

The reboot has a mature approach to their characters and stories which makes the show funnier than ever before, especially since they’re all grown up. Carly coming back to the internet and dealing with her love life, Harper making her wave in the fashion world, Freddie overcoming his failures and being a dad to Millicent, and Spencer living his life as a successful and rich artist who still manages to get into sticky situations. We’ll have to wait and see as season two premieres on Friday, April 8 on Paramount Plus. Meanwhile, you can stream the first season of the iCarly reboot and all five seasons of the original!

An aspiring journalist with a passion for pop culture but also talks about self-care, and local news. Major in Journalism minor in Psychology. And whenever she's not writing articles or studying she's listening to music or podcasts or watch television.