This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Have you ever heard the myth that somewhere in the world there’s someone that looks exactly like you? Have you ever found out that one of them was gonna be your roommate? 

Well, what if you met them and not only did you look alike, but you almost had the same name?

We’re sure you’ve seen us on campus, but probably mistaken one for the other. And with names like Alex and Alexis, it’s totally understandable why you have.

Same name, same major, same room, and basically the same face.

It’s not a regular day at Willy P if someone doesn’t come up and tell me I have a twin,” ,Alexis DeRienzo says. “Someone actually told me ‘hey I know you! You used to be my door swiper’ and I responded ‘nope, but my twin was.

After living together for two years now, we’ve kind of just accepted it and started playing along. When we go out somewhere new we just tell everyone we’re twins and were separated at birth. “One time made up this story about how she’s older cause I kicked her out of the womb first and someone actually bought it,” Alex Lindeman.

Sometimes it even starts to scare us how similar we are.

“I mean it’s crazy”

“What?”

“We finish eachother’s..”

“Sandwiches!”

“That’s what I was gonna say!”

No but really, we leave each other sandwiches in the fridge daily.

Even Facebook can’t tell us apart anymore

“The only way people can really tell us apart now is because Alex has colored hair, but not too long ago we would’ve had the same issue,” Alexis DeRienzo.

We even convinced our mothers that we were just separated at birth. It’s gotten to the point that they can’t even tell us apart in pictures at first glance. C’mon ladies, get it together.

One of our roommates actually has a twin, and we look more alike than they do.

Yeah, we’re from totally opposite parts of New Jersey but that doesn’t seem to make much of a difference. Alexis is from the land of Taylor Ham and the Yankees while Alex has Pork Roll and the Phillies. But somehow we found each other.

You know you love us, xoxo

Alexis hails from Bergen County, New Jersey and is a junior at William Paterson University. To her friends she's known as Alexis or Lex. She studies Media Production and Graphic design and plans to study marketing or sports management. She also works for WPU Recreational Services as a Fitness Center attendant and videographer. Alexis is a sports junkie, especially for the New York Yankees. She also loves film, television, social media, and playing sports. Her dream one day is to work in the sports media industry whether it is behind the scenes or being the next Erin Andrews! Her favorite shows are Friends and Friday Night LIghts, her favorite movies are The Dark Knight trilogy and Back To The Future. She enjoys all music from Rap to Country. She can mostly be found either studying in Hobart Hall or working out in the Rec Center.
I am currently a junior studying Media Production and Visual Communications at William Paterson University. Coming from a small town, one square mile to be exact, and moving up to this busy North Jersey/city area has been a big change for me, but I'm loving every second of it. Along with HerCampus I'm involved in the TV Club as well as having three on-campus jobs and an off-campus internship. I spend my free time (although there isn't much of it) doing makeup, taking pictures, editing videos, or cuddling with my hedgehog Tuka. New Jersey has been good to me but after school I plan on moving to the west coast and finding out just where I'm meant to be and where I can do what I love.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"