How to: Survive Your First Easter as a non-Christian or non-Catholic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

As an Indian girl with a Christian best friend and roommate, I’ve never personally celebrated Easter. Since this is my first year dying eggs and going to church, I asked around for a few tips and pointers to make sure my first Easter goes as smoothly as possible.

1. Make sure you coordinate your outfits correctly for each event. No, that dress you wore out last night CANNOT be seen at church. Maybe try a sweater with heels that are a little closer to the ground than your platforms.  TIP: Pastels are your bffs today.
  2. Unless you’re sure you’ll be comfortable, don’t wear your heels in the grass while looking for Easter eggs. Never comfy, not graceful.  
  3. You get Easter presents, which is AMAZING. It’s pretty much equivalent to Christmas in April. Never complain about presents, even if they are probably bubbles. I mean, c’mon how do you beat bubbles? Best summer past-time ever.
  4. Be ready to eat candy like it’s the night of Halloween. You will literally receive a basket of candy ALONG with your Easter gift. I really don’t understand why everyone doesn’t celebrate Easter. It’s like Christmas and Halloween together in one holiday. HOW do you beat that?!
  5. The coloring of the Easter eggs is crucial Easter fun. Make sure your egg is the most fab Easter egg the world (or snapchat) will ever see.

Have fun and Happy Easter! HCXO

William Paterson University Junior Harry potter fan and Public Health major
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"