Her Campus WPUNJ Says Goodbye

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

The end of this spring semester doesn’t just mean summer vacation is fast approaching. For Her Campus WPUNJ it means saying goodbye to not only some of our talented contributors and team members, but our founders: Jenna Kapsis and Christine Marshall. Her Campus WPUNJ celebrated its second birthday this year, and we have accomplished so much as a chapter in these two years, much thanks to Jenna and Christine’s efforts, work ethic, and ambition. Her Campus WPUNJ has transformed from a small club of newbies to a large collective group of creative and fun women who have a passion for what we do here as a team.

So Jenna and Christine, how could we let you leave without a few goodbyes? 

Megan:

“I worked with Jenna in undergraduate admissions—at that time she was still in the process of filling out paperwork to launch a Her Campus chapter at William Paterson. I knew it was something I was definitely interested in, I wasn’t involved and Her Campus was probably one of the first clubs/organizations I was truly interested in joining—and now I’m a senior, getting ready to graduate with an awesome group of girls from Her Campus WPUNJ. #GirlPower

Jenna, remember that time you, Christine, Nerveline and myself went to Suburban Diner for dessert? You raved about how great the dessert was. So, after Miller’s we drove and talked for hours—about everything. It’s moments like those that remind me I don’t have to worry about losing touch with you. You might be worried about the adult world but, girl you have nothing to worry about. Stay classy, be confident and walk with your head held high.

Christine, from the very beginning we kind of just clicked. Our sarcastic views of the world have bonded us for eternity, haha. One time, we were driving back to campus from eating out with the team at Friday’s. We talked about how it is unfortunate the number of people that can suck in the world, but you sucked less than them—and that’s what made us friends. That dynamic landed us a wedding invitation to each other’s future wedding! Stay you, stay true and be that kick-awesome teacher you were meant to be, Miss Christine.

To Her Campus WPUNJ, thanks for always thinking of me, making me laugh and helping me grow. We’ll take the adult world by storm!

Priscilla:

To Jenna, 

“Thank you for welcoming me on to the team and becoming a professionalism guide for me. We may sometimes stand on opposite ends, but we’ve got much greater things in common, like our love of pink and Her Campus! I know your future will be bright, your ambition and professionalism are flawless. Much love and support to you!”

To Christine, 

“Thank you so much for your excellence and support; I am a better writer today because of your encouragement and help. I am so happy to been under your direction on the editorial team, I hope nothing but success and joy for you. I can’t wait to one day pick up your novels!”

Alex

“You both have brought one of the best clubs to WPU. Even though I just joined this year they and the rest of the team took me under their wings and I appreciate that. You both are innovators and I know you both will go on to do great things. I know I speak for everyone when I say you’ll be greatly missed.”

Sam

You two have been amazing leaders these past two years, the amount of time and work you’ve put into to HCWPUNJ to make it a Pink level chapter is honestly outstanding. I know Ana and I are going to have some big shoes to fill, and I can honestly say it’s not going to be the same without you guys. I hope post-college is a blast and don’t forget us here!

HCXO, Sam 

Christine, 

“I think one of the funniest moments I had with you was when we we’re all trying to figure out how the cotton candy machine worked, and all the jokes we cracked about it. (Most of that I won’t say here…haha!) Your sassy personality and witty remarks are something I’m going to miss dearly. Good luck next year! “

Jenna, 

“I hope I can be almost as good as you have been running WPUNJ Her Campus. It’s definitely going to be a scary transition but I’m grateful that I’ve had you, as well as Christine to guide me along the way. You’ve done so much more this organization and have helped it thrive, I plan on keeping it that way and trying to make it the best it can be. Good luck next year!”

Ana

“Honestly I don’t even know where to start… You both have impacted me in more ways than you know. I found you guys at a little bake sale as a lonely freshman and knew I had come across a group of like minded women with interests similar to mine. I felt like I had found my people. You guys took me in no questions asked and taught me the ways of Her Campus and along with that taught me so much about dedication and professionalism. However, upon entering the Her Campus world I discovered a passion that I didn’t know was even an option for me. I discovered a new ambition that still drives me to this very day. I owe you both so much for your compassion, your enthusiasm and support and most importantly your tolerance for my silliness at all times, haha! It’s going to be hard not having you two around, but I know you’re going to help Sam and I with this transition and I am so excited to watch the both of yours. You guys are going to kill the adult world ( in a good way!) “

HCXO,

Ana

Thank you Jenna and Christine for all that you’ve done and helped us accomplish. We love you, we will miss you, and with a final HCXO, have a happy graduation to ALL our graduating seniors. Don’t think we won’t feel the empty nest, because trust me, I already do!

Ana Valentin is a freshman at William Paterson with a wrong major in Environmental Science but will be transferring in the spring to Elementary Special Education and English Creative Writing, She has a burning love for all things glitter, beautiful, and fashionable. You'll probably find her in the student cafe sucking down a machiatto. If you do, feel free to say hello. She likes those too.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"