HC Spring Break Survival Kit: Your Spring Break Essentials!

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

With this harsh NJ winter we’ve faced so far, it seems like spring will never come. Fortunately, Spring Break is right around the corner (and we want to spend it in the tropics – where it’s warm), and even better for you, collegiettes, we’ve got the scoop on your Spring Break essentials – straight from our HC Spring Break Survival Kit, where you’ll find everything you need to have an awesome SB.

The first step to an awesome SB is safety. Whether you’re going clubbing in Hoboken, travelling way beyond the border, or maybe walking home from your friend’s apartment, a collegiette needs to always feel safe. SABRE’s got you covered here, girls. They make personal alarms and pepper gels that are totally travel-sized and always ready to ward off danger. Peace of mind on your way home means you’ve got more energy to spend on the fun stuff!

Next on the list — snacks! Spring Break means a whole week without Pioneer Dining Hall or The W (how will we cope?!), so that means we’ve got to be prepared for the inevitable hunger pains that strike right around dining hall hours. Our HC go-to is, as always, Mini Luna Bars. They’re perfectly snack-sized, fit right in your purse, and come in a variety of different flavors. As an added bonus, they’re 70% organic and provide nutrients in addition to being totally yummy!

But what about those times when a Luna Bar won’t quite cut it? You’ve been out on the town since 7am, and it’s way past lunchtime. Well, lucky for us (around here, at least), there’s always Chipotle! We were fortunate enough to receive some BOGO and Free Burrito cards, so we know where we’ll be Spring Breaking. But their food is so delish that we’ll probably be back for every meal.

Also on our SB Essentials list? Gorgeous locks. You want fantastic volume with a shine that will catch the attention of that foreign boy on the metro. Not Your Mother’s Hair Care Purifying Shampoo and Conditioner are healthy – free of sulfates, parabens, and dyes – and actually good for your hair! Not Your Mother’s Clean Freak Conditioner and Shampoo also smell fantastic – infused with raspberry and mint extracts, so you’ll look, smell, and feel totally awesome.

Next on our list – perfectly smooth skin. Whether you’re heading to Cabo or Seaside, you can look your best on the beach with Completely Bare wax kits! The most trusted name in hair removal, Completely Bare’s products are safe, easy-to-use, and require no heat or fuss. Pick it up at ULTA and try it for yourself! Feel your smoothest skin this SB.

What else do we need for a fantastic Spring Break? A great beach read, of course! If you’re looking for a wild ride from start to finish, check out Simon & Shuster’s Dirty Rush by Taylor Bell. Dirty Minds is an honest and hilarious depiction of sorority life – and all of the craziness that comes along with it! From the creative minds behind Babe Walker (author of the New York Times bestselling White Girl Problems series) and Rebecca Martinson(“the former Delta Gamma sister responsible for the scathing, expletive-filled email that verbally assaulted her entire chapter”) comes this mildly-messed-up tale of Greek life that will keep you absolutely hooked from beginning to end! And if you’re looking for a book that’s a blockbuster-in-the-making, then have no fear! The Intern’s Handbook by Shane Kuhn (already set to become a movie starring Dave Franco) is part-manual, part-confessional – the story of a law firm intern who was hired to assassinate one of the firm’s partners. The book accounts the intern’s final assignment – and the twist that will change everything.

Last but not least, what collegiette’s SB would be complete without goodies to show off her HC style? We love Her Campus koozies to keep our drinks looking cute and feeling cold! HC pens are perfect for jotting down your cell number for that cutie from the club, HC stickers proudly proclaim your collegiette pride, and HC sunglasses are a fashionable way to keep you looking absolutely adorbs in the Spring Break sun! (We’ll be bringing our HC rope tote bag with us to the beach all week!) And if you still want more HC, definitely check out their new book – The Her Campus Guide to College Life: How to Manage Relationships, Stay Safe and Healthy, Handle Stress, and Have the Best Years of Your Life.

Happy Spring Breaking, collegiettes! Be safe and have fun!

HCXO

Christine is the Co-Founder and former Editor-in-Chief of the WPUNJ branch of Her Campus. She graduated summa cum laude in May 2015 with BAs in English Literature and Secondary Education and a minor in Creative Writing. Christine currently lives in Maryland and likes to visit Washington, DC (but a little part of her will always miss New Jersey). She loves to edit and aspires to write the great American novel... eventually. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, hanging out with her husband and corgi puppy, fangirling over Marvel superheroes and Rothy's shoes, and watching Netflix.