This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Fashion do and don’t’s have always set the guidelines for budding fashionistas, but what happens when we want to break the rules and go a bit risky with our trends? Let’s find out collegiettes! Dreaded Black and blue combo

We all know that many of us collegiettes own way too much black clothing, to obviously match our souls of course, kidding. But black can usually be paired with anything except for supposedly blue. We call bluff! Navy and black outfit pairs can be quite complimentary to each other whether it be a night out on the town or a professional business get up. Break out of those standards and own it!Brown and black combo 

Another supposedly dreadful color combination. Brown and black colors together sounds pretty unforgiving. But with the right shade of brown, and cute accessories to go with you can’t go wrong here collegiettes! Tis the fall season and add an infinity scarf to go with it, be playful! Patterns on patterns Oh my! 

This may be the scariest one of all. We all remember growing up and our parents letting us dress ourselves every now and them. I mean who doesn’t want to wear a pink floral tutu and polka dot shirt? Mix it up! This one you have to be careful with collegiettes, rule of thumb: try and match patterns of the same color family and don’t go too matchy matchy! 

Samantha is a Junior and the president of Her Campus WPUNJ at William Paterson University in Wayne, New Jersey. She prefers the nickname Sam and is majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Visual Communication. She lives in Central Jersey and lives for the New York Rangers. She loves the outdoors and all things entomology, especially butterflies. When she's not catching up on her favorite Netflix shows she's either working out at the Rec, writing up a spicy new piece for Her Campus, or watching hockey. But most importantly, the way to her heart is some delicious sushi!
Editor-In-Chief of HCWPUNJ, Junior majoring in Early Childhood Education with TSD and English, a blogger and Disney Princess in Training. You can usually find me in the gym, in my room blogging or at a local coffee shop having a great cup of tea or coffee with my laptop writing away.