This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

When we hear the term “formal wear” we often associate it with a standard of ball gowns for women and tuxedos for men. The pressure to look perfect for formal events is always on, and that leads to wanting to reach a certain level of presentability, but seriously, that can be limiting. Let’s consider to stop conforming to gendered style standards, make it a conscious effort to not wear what society expects you to and wear what your heart is telling you you’ll feel great in.

Of course, we can wear ball gowns and feel like a princess all evening…

But we can also wear suits and look just as great, like these celebs who know how to rock a tux…

Don’t let gendered expectations limit your formal style, rock what you feel most confident in. Be as dapper or as glamorous or both as you’d like!

So the next time someone asks, “Who are you all dressed up for?” Let them know, “For myself!”
Go forth and slay!
HCXO

Priscilla Cordero is a collegiette from WPUNJ. She is an Anthropology major with a double minor in Music Studies and Media Studies. She is a writer and holds the managing for HCWPUNJ. Her passions include culture, diversity, social justice awareness, feminism, positivity, creativity, and music. She is a member of the Honors College on her campus. In March 2014 Priscilla was awarded HCWPUNJ's Best Polls, Best Celebrities, and Most Spirited. A Jersey girl at heart, but she has New York City dreams. She loves to attend concerts, sing, read fashion magazines, travel, and blog (tumblr included)! 
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"