Fall 2013 BTSSK: A Letter of Thanks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Earlier this week, Her Campus WPUNJ received a box full of goodies sent over from Her Campus National and company. They called the package a “Fall 2013 Back to School Survival Kit,” but, really, it’s an awesome assemblage of items from HC sponsors so we can “hit campus armed and ready for success.” And because we appreciate how awesome this really is, we’re giving back (what little we can as a new chapter) with a letter of thanks to National and the companies that sent us such a wonderful present.

Dear Her Campus National,
We cannot begin to express how grateful we are – not only for the “Back to School Survival Kit” and the “stuff” inside, but for the orchestration of the entire process. (These Kits went out to all 200+ HC chapters, which means a lot of boxes sent from National.) We’ve put together little goodie bags to reward our girls for their hard work, and we can only imagine how much they’re going to help boost our team morale. (Who doesn’t love HC swag?) We love that HC has been so welcoming to new chapters, new readers, new schools. It’s become a community of which we all enjoy being a part. So thanks, Her Campus National; you do a lot, and what you do is pretty awesome.

Dear Neuro,

Your Neuro Sonic drinks came right in time for midterms, and we’re so grateful for your generosity. (We still can’t believe that we got two whole cases of Neuro Sonic – enough for everyone!) Neuro Sonic provides both great taste and a healthy sort of focused energy, which we know we can all use during midterm week! So, thanks again, Neuro!

Dear Luna,
The LUNA bars you sent are so delicious and nutritious; we absolutely love them! The White Chocolate Macadamia flavor is super yummy. Can you believe it’s 70% organic? Neither could we! We love LUNA bars as a quick snack to satisfy that sugary craving without all that unhealthy glucose, dextrose, xylose, dextrose, and high fructose corn syrup. And we feel great knowing that we’re supporting a company that actively sponsors the Breast Cancer Fund. Now we’re snacking better and living better, thanks to LUNA’s generosity!

Dear Poppin,
The Poppin supplies in the Back to School Survival Kit were such a hit with our girls! The little yellow notebooks and packs of blue gel pens make every article idea stylish. They’re pocket-sized so our girls can take them on-the-go, which makes them convenient and cute! (Plus, we can get $5 off our next purchase of adorable Poppin supplies using the code DORMSTYLE; snazzy desk organizers, anyone?) Thanks to Poppin, Her Campus WPUNJ’s gone writer-chic!

Dear SK Energy,
The SK Energy Shots that you sent are great. We all know that college students don’t get enough sleep, so it’s good to have an SK Energy Shot as an alternative to catching Z’s in class. With zero calories and zero sugars, SK Energy Shots still taste good but aren’t unhealthy like other energy drinks might be. And every Energy Shot sold provides a meal to hungry child through the United Nations World Food Programme, and we think that’s just awesome.

Dear Chipotle,
We really appreciate the Burrito BOGO card you sent; it’ll give the CCs a chance to get together and talk business – over a delish snack, of course! It’s important to talk shop, so we may as well make it fun. Thanks for the opportunity to turn a pre-meeting meeting into an actual outing.

On the whole, we just wanted to reiterate how thankful we are to have received these goodies and how wonderful it is to be a part of a group as amazing as Her Campus is.

Sincerely,

Christine is the Co-Founder and former Editor-in-Chief of the WPUNJ branch of Her Campus. She graduated summa cum laude in May 2015 with BAs in English Literature and Secondary Education and a minor in Creative Writing. Christine currently lives in Maryland and likes to visit Washington, DC (but a little part of her will always miss New Jersey). She loves to edit and aspires to write the great American novel... eventually. In her free time, she enjoys reading, writing, hanging out with her husband and corgi puppy, fangirling over Marvel superheroes and Rothy's shoes, and watching Netflix.