This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

So, the internet has a lot of “what girls mean when they say ‘blank’” articles and what guys should do if a girl ignores them. They’re at every nook and cranny of the Internet. So, I thought that I should take some phrases that I’ve heard and ask my guy friends on what guys really mean when they say things that could have double meanings.

1. “I’m not in a good mood right now.”
  • I need to be left alone, don’t need someone to talk to, otherwise I’ll specify.
  1. “I’m sorry my phone was dead”
  • Definitely not dead. Most likely playing Fortnite and saw the call but did not want to die.
  1. “It was a WIIIILLLDDDD weekend”
  • I did a lot of stuff I wasn’t supposed to do. You’ll hear about them in a few minutes. *Ahem* Are you ready?
  1. “Dope.”
  • Probably bored out of my mind, and most likely didn’t hear what you said, so assumed it was a fact, and this is my answer.
  1. “I’m grown!”
  • I say this because I’m trying to be manly and make myself sound like I’m mature.
  1. “Nice.”
  • The same as dope. I’m really not interested in what you were saying or I’m annoyed.
  1. “Lmaoooooo”
  • I don’t care. But I don’t want to tell you.
  1. “I didn’t read it! My iMessage is just being dumb.”
  • I definitely read it. I thought I would remember to reply, but I didn’t so I’m going to blame this app.
  1. “Hey.”
  • Sliding into DM’s the classy way.
  1. “What a hoe” (referring to a girl)
  • This girl rejected me because I was being an asshole, and I didn’t know why.
  1. *the guy head nod*
  • The most awkward thing to do. Usually when I don’t have hands or have something in my mouth. Even used when a guy waves at me or makes eye contact with me and I don’t know him.
  1. “Babe, I’m just gonna have ONE drink tonight”
  • Or one bottle, maybe a pack. Expect a drunk call.
  1. “Send Nudes”
  • A normal conversation starter.

Hope you laughed with me!

HCXO.

William Paterson University Junior Harry potter fan and Public Health major
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"