This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Dorm living can be very different from the comforts of home. They’re usually boring, neutral color walls and limited plain furniture. It can be hard to get comfortable in your new place and that can contribute to severe homesickness. Here are five dorms that will make you rethink your drab decor and have you saying #DormGoals

Make the room your own. It’s easy to do the bare minimum in decor but with a few personal touches you can make it a space you’re proud of.

Add extra seating. It’s great for when you have get togethers in your room. Even sports chairs and ottomans work as a simple way to add seating.

The rooms usually have a standard furniture setup. Feel free to rearrange the furniture. Maximize your space. Just make sure you have someone to help with the heavy lifting.

These two ladies gained a lot of internet fame because of their insanely fancy dorm room decor. According to them, everything in the room was affordable. With a little help from family and some creativity they made a boring dorm into a dream room.

The key is thinking outside the box. It’s easy to hang up a poster or two and call it a day. Try and personalize your space and it’ll soon feel like home.

19 Bi-racial, bi-lingual WPUNJ Junior Double Major in Financial Planning and Pop Music
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"