This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

The return of Starbucks’ peppermint white mochas and snowman cookies has officially announced that winter is right on our heels. Cue the adorable holiday-inspired sweaters, hot yummy treats, and of course, fuzzy socks. Sadly, the cold can still get under all of our skin, but it doesn’t mean we have to go outside layered up looking like a snowman. Warm layers and accessories can easily help in keeping you both warm and stylish as the weather drops. So get ready to bundle up and don’t forget the hot chocolate with marshmallows!

1. Statement Scarf

Let’s face it, 90 percent of the time we’ll still be wearing our coats and jackets while walking around campus or hurrying to classes. Having something covering your outfit and keeping it on doesn’t really give you the chance to show off that cute new shirt or blouse. So in place of the statement necklace, you can rock a statement scarf—an accessory that will keep you warm and show off your sense of style, since it comes in an array of colors and patterns. Plus, with the option of wearing it anyway you want—such as knotting it or wrapping it like an infinity scarf—the possibilities are endless.

2. “Bill Cosby” Sweater

It’s sweater weather for sure. Don’t be afraid to pull out those chunky sweaters that stand out and are completely different. If they’re extra big and oversized, awesome!—You’ll be extra warm. You can find radical and original sweaters like the ones below almost anywhere these days including thrift shops and hey, maybe even one of your relatives’ closets. The amount of outfit options you have are all up to you, and you can always switch it up to wear as another outfit sometime.

3. “Beanie Babies”

Beanies are great for keeping you extra warm, plus they’re the secret for bad hair days too. Throwing one on can give your outfit that extra pop it may need, depending on what beanie you wear. They come in a variety of colors and designs that will have you reaching for more. Some beanies even come with cute sayings that can represent some of your interests/character as well.

4. Knit Headbands

These are super adorable and can dress up any outfit you have on. They come in so many different shapes and designs—from braided to gem-detailed ones. Just like beanies, they can make your hair look fabulous without much help, too. The advantage here is that they’ll also keep your ears toasty warm.

5. Tights

Even though it’s almost winter you still can rock your favorite skirts, dresses, and over sized sweaters (as long as they cover your bum). Tights can be a girl’s best friend for finishing off these looks when the weather’s cold. Fair Isle-designed tights are the popular ones during the winter season, but you can pair your skirts/dresses/sweaters/etc. with any type of tights. From colorful ones to printed ones, tights don’t have to be just something to keep your legs warm—they can be the statement of your look or help to compliment it perfectly.

Photo credits go to Pinterest.com 

A senior at William Paterson University with a English Literature major and minor in Fine Art. Victoria believes there is no limit to what you can do in life just as long as you stay positive, motivated and are happy doing so. Her creativity shines through many outlets from her lifestyle blog, articles on Her Campus and being a Beauty Director and Style Columnist at Cliché Magazine. Her success in the digital magazine and blogging world earned her the Best DIY Blogs in March 2014. Anything chocolate flavored, elephant related, and Stephen King distinguished are her absolute favorites. 
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"