Collegiette Problems: The Registration Process

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

As we return from Spring Break and head into the latter half of the semester, something is coming up really soon that every continuing student must go through: Registration. While the seniors are so,  “Been there, done that!” The juniors, sophomores, and freshmen still have to go through the experience that will impact your life greatly for four months next semester. We know what a daunting experience it might be, so we’ve put together a list of all the thoughts and emotions that run through our head during the registration process.

Looking at your degree evaluation and realizing all that you still have to take to meet graduation eligibility.

“Maybe I should’ve taken on a greater course load?” 

Trying to pick the best classes for next semester. So many classes how does one choose?! You have certain classes still to take for your major or the UCC, and you really want to take this cool class that although it’s not related to your degree still interests you.

“Get my requirements out the way or enjoy my time in college?”

Contemplating adding a second major or a minor.

“I might as well make the most of my time here; it’ll help when I’m marketing myself in my job search. Can I finish it in time? Do I really want to graduate on time?”

The effort that goes into trying to fit the classes in a great schedule. 

“8am on Mondays? How about no.” “The only class left is a night class until 9:40pm?!”

The nerves while waiting outside your advisor’s office for your appointment. Everyone knows the awkwardness of talking about the future.

“So what are your plans after graduation?” “….um….well….”

After some evaluation and advisement, you spend the rest of your day promising yourself that next semester will be your best one yet! Determination is your middle name!

“I will be on top of every assignment; Dean’s List, here I come!”

The countdown for your designated registration time is on; you spend your time praying and hoping your classes don’t fill up. 

“Oh my goodness! Only five spots left, and I don’t register until next week!”

You’ve finally registered, and your schedule next semester is to your liking. 

“This wasn’t as bad as I thought.”

After it’s all done, you’re happy you don’t have to think about registration until the end of next semester. 

“I did it.”

May the registration odds be ever in your favor, collegiettes! 

All gifs from giphy.com. 

Cover photo found originally from: http://travelingmama.net/teen-desk-space/. 

Priscilla Cordero is a collegiette from WPUNJ. She is an Anthropology major with a double minor in Music Studies and Media Studies. She is a writer and holds the managing for HCWPUNJ. Her passions include culture, diversity, social justice awareness, feminism, positivity, creativity, and music. She is a member of the Honors College on her campus. In March 2014 Priscilla was awarded HCWPUNJ's Best Polls, Best Celebrities, and Most Spirited. A Jersey girl at heart, but she has New York City dreams. She loves to attend concerts, sing, read fashion magazines, travel, and blog (tumblr included)! 
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"