This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Name: Cheyenne Tyler Jacobs

Year: Freshman

Major: Sports Management

Hometown: Manchester Township, NJ

Fave Movie Quote: “The past can hurt but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.” – The Lion King

Other Clubs: Feminist Collective, B.A.B.Y Dolls, AlPFA, and S.A.B.L.E. 

Fun Facts:  

• Author of The Mind of the Teenage Drama Queen which is on Amazon
  • Black Belt in Karate
  • Was crowned WPUNJ’s S.A.B.L.E Pageant Queen 2014

HC: What is your position in SGA?

CJ: Freshman Class Vice President.

HC: Are you planning anything for remainder of the semester

CJ: I am actually planning an event for not only the freshman class but for the University as a whole. We have planned to do a Sadie Hawkins (Masquerade-themed) dance, as voted on by members of the freshman class within the freshman class Facebook page.  We are shooting for it to be in April, but we’ve got no set date yet. It would be a formal event, like a Homecoming dance.  Also, we are planning a cake decorating contest where teams of five can enter to compete; the money raised will go to the Autism Speaks organization.

HC: Her Campus is all about giving girls a powerful voice! As a woman in power, what advice would you give other girls as far as confidence goes?

CJ: My advice to girls is to have confidence and believe in yourself even if you think no one else does.  Personally, I thank God every day. I have worked very hard to get where I am in life, but without him or the support of my parents and family I would be nowhere. Here I am, not only in college but the Vice President of my class, I made the Dean’s list, I am a pageant winner, and I am only a freshman. Just because you’re a girl does not mean you cannot be in power. For all the girls reading I would like you to know you can become anything you dream of; you just have to have faith to reach out and grab it. As my dad says, “The world is your oyster.” Confidence is key, and when people see it on you, you will truly be remembered. We are young ladies, and we do not have to dress all sexy and revealing to get a guy’s attention. Take my word: be classy and just go about the business of the day, and you’ll turn more heads.

HC: Is there anything you’d like to say to the Freshman Class?

CJ: Freshman Class, you may be freshmen, but that does not mean you are too young to change this school, this state, this country, or even this world. Yes, we are young, but that is good. They say the brain is not developed until about age 25, so the way I see it, we have a few good years to do something life-shattering and beneficial before we permanently grow up.  Also get involved; there is no reason to sit in a dorm when there is truly an activity and a club for everyone — you just need to find what interests you.  Also we as the freshman class work very hard to make a difference especially when it comes to the food. (With that being said, please do not say our class or Student Government in general does nothing; we truly do numerous tasks you can’t even mentally fathom.) On a lighter note: have fun freshman class, and make sure to live out the full college experience… oh and study hard — don’t drop that GPA, ayyy don’t drop that GPA.

HC: A question that is on all of our minds — is there any way we can get a Chipotle in the Student Center or…? 

CJ: So if you are standing, take a seat because you might just faint. Yes, by next year or so a Chipotle (or something similar) is expected to be in place at the Food Court. The Food Court as a whole is getting a complete makeover, and Chipotle is one of the things it will be receiving.  Enjoy, Pioneers!

I'm a really cool dancer.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"