Casey Hassanin ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Name: Casey Hassanin (“Casey Cash”) 

Major: Liberal Studies

Year: Junior

Hometown: Fort Lee, NJ

Interests: Obsessing over what I will buy if I win the lottery, reading, and watching cheesy shows on the CW

Relationship Status: In a relationship 

Favorites:

Sport: Football, J-E-T-S!

Store: Victoria’s Secret

Designer: Michael Kors 

Song: “Livin’ on a Prayer” – Bon Jovi

Movie: A Bronx Tale

TV Show: Vampire Diaries

Quote: “Fear ends where faith begins.”

Fun Facts:

Most played song on your iPod: “Think Like A Man” – Jennifer Hudson (feat. Ne-Yo)

Most embarrassing moment: I was 16 at a water park and one of the slides said “experienced swimmers”. I can’t swim, but I figured the water couldn’t be more than 7 feet and I’d be able to bounce up and reach the stairs, or worse case scenario one of my friends could help me to the stairs. So, I go down the slide and immediately start attempting to stay afloat, and not really having any luck, they stopped everyone from going down the slide while a lifeguard jumped in and saved me! I had to sign some paper that I had been saved. I still get embarrassed thinking of it!

Describe yourself in 3 words: Spontaneous, blunt, and loyal

Guilty Pleasure: Teen dramas like Dawson’s Creek and One Tree Hill 

What reality TV show would you go on? Jersey Shore. Who wouldn’t want to become a millionaire just for living at a shore house for a month?!

If you could trade places with any celebrity who would it be?  Nina Dobrev because she’s going out with Ian Somerhalder!

If you were stuck on a deserted island, what 3 things would you take? My boyfriend, chapstick, and a boat for when I get bored and want to leave!

Love Life:

Celebrity Crush: Ian Somerhalder 

Best Date You’ve Been Taken On: Once, my boyfriend and I took a trip to Philly for cheesesteaks, and he brought me to Build-A-Bear afterwards. It was so much fun just talking and singing on the way down!

Biggest Turn On: A guy who can be very spontaneous. 

Biggest Turn Off: A guy with no job and no direction. 

The best way a guy can get your attention: Just be sweet, fun and be able to carry a conversation so I won’t get bored!

Jenna is the Co-Founder, President and Social Media & Events Director of the WPUNJ branch of Her Campus.  She is a senior Marketing major with a minor in Public Relations.  In the fall 2014 semester, she interned with In Touch, Life & Style and Closer Weekly at Bauer Publishing in the public relations department.  In the spring 2015 semester, she is interning with Jaguar Land Rover North America in the network development department.  She is the Student Representative for the PR & Marketing Committee of WPUNJ, a MTV Trendspotter for MTV Insights and blogger of collegiate advice.  She is a member of Beta Gamma Sigma and Lambda Pi Eta honor societies, and will graduate Magna Cum Laude.  Previously, Jenna worked as a Student Ambassador and Tour Coordinator in the Admissions Office at WPUNJ, was a member of the Student Public Relations Association (SPRA) and was a publicity intern for Kim "Kim D" DePaola, owner of POSCHE Boutique in Wayne, NJ, who is featured on the Real Housewives of New Jersey.  Jenna's interests include dancing, shopping and hanging out with friends.  She loves everything pink and Britney Spears!