This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

It’s Common Hour, your next class isn’t until 3:30, and you’re starving. The Student Center is, of course, packed — the lines wrap around and around the food court! And while you don’t mind Speert Hall, it’s honestly not your favorite. What’s a hungry collegiette to do?

Well, lucky you! Her Campus WPUNJ is looking at some of the various eateries near campus in a monthly feature called Campus Eats. Alexis, one of our staff writers, will be trying some of the food places around town, reviewing them here, and rating them on a scale of 1 to 10.

This month, she checked out The Wing Zone on Berdan Avenue.

It’s a quarter past noon on Wednesday and, the morning cereal bowl has done its job to hold me over for my first class. But now it’s lunch time, and I’m hungry. Contemplating what to eat on this cold day, I know for a fact I need warmth… I need spice… I need hot wings. Always a great choice, what’s better than a nice set of hot wings on a freezing cold day? Not much, in my opinion.

So I set off to Wing Zone, a local favorite with the business students that I had not yet gotten to try. This hidden gem is found on 61 Berdan Avenue in Wayne. To get there, take a right off of Valley Road and onto Hamburg Turnpike, heading away from school; then make the left onto Berdan Avenue and pull right into a small parking lot across from the Wayne Hills Mall.

At first look, it doesn’t seem like a place that would have such a big reputation on campus; it shares its store with a subway sandwich shop. But I get inside, and with no hesitation, I order six boneless hot wings, regular onion rings, and lemonade.

I wait for my wings for less than six minutes (not long at all compared to some places). They come drenched in hot sauce. They look phenomenal and tasted even better. These boneless wings actually have more chicken than breading! (If you’re a big wings person like I am, you know what I’m talking about…)

The wings are so filling I couldn’t even believe I ordered a side with it, but I was so grateful I did. The onion rings are best I have had yet. Take a bite of their onion rings, and you won’t drag out the rest of the onion; it’s like a miracle in my mouth. They aren’t overfried but made just crunchy enough.

So to sum up, Wing Zone is the spot for any WPUNJ students. It’s located five minutes from the Valley Road campus and ten minutes at most from the main campus. If you happen to get stuck in the midday traffic from the main campus on Hamburg, don’t panic; they even offer a delivery, pick up, and a drive-thru service there. And my entire meal cost me less than $9! They offer many specials every day, especially for students. So do yourself a favor: stop by and get some wings. They offer a variety of sauces and wings (boneless, naked, etc.) that you can enjoy. Whether it’s with some friends or if you just want to munch while doing homework, get there.

Service: 9

Price: 10

Food: 10

Location: 9.5

Appearance: 8

Portion: 10

Convenience for Students: 9.5

TOTAL: 9.4

Have a place you love near campus? Tell us! Send your questions/comments/recommendations! Don’t forget if you go to one of our spots to take a picture or check in using #HCEatsWPUNJ and tweet at @HERCAMPUSWUNJ!

I am a Business Administration student at William Paterson University, graduating in 2015. I am the Social Media Manager at Her Campus WPUNJ. When I'm not working on my assignments, I'm eating food and seeking adventure. I also love to exercise, travel and  spend time with my dog. I try to always enjoy the little things in life, because to me, they are the big things.Be sure to tweet at me! @lalalexiiiii
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"