Campus Eats: The Park Wayne Diner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

It’s Common Hour, your next class isn’t until 3:30, and you’re starving. The Student Center is, of course, packed — the lines wrap around and around the food court! And while you don’t mind Speert Hall, it’s honestly not your favorite. What’s a hungry collegiette to do?

Well, lucky you! Her Campus WPUNJ is looking at some of the various eateries near campus in a monthly feature called Campus Eats. Alexis, one of our staff writers, will be trying some of the food places around town, reviewing them here, and rating them on a scale of 1 to 10.

This month, she checked out The Park Wayne Diner on Hamburg Turnpike.

Food — we need it, we want it, we love it (at least I do). And what’s more Jersey than a stop between classes at the diner?

In between classes, Kevin (one of the few students who will be joining me on these adventures) came with me to experience a satisfying lunch. We hit up a local favorite, The Park Wayne Diner.

Our waiter came and took our drinks down quick; we just ordered waters so there was nothing too fancy. The busboy passed through and brought two cups — the glasses were smaller than my hand!

When it came time to order food, our waiter was a little behind, but he came after a seven-minute wait. Kevin and I each ordered the lunch special: a wrap, soup and fries. Total cost: $10.

I got the grilled buffalo wrap with a side of jalapeños and sweet potatoes, and I got chicken noodle soup for an appetizer. Soup was perfect for the cold day, and it was pretty good, with lots of noodles and chunks of chicken. The chicken, though, was dry, even for being soaked in soup.

Next was my entree. It took a little longer than I’d have liked, but I was super hungry and excited. I got my food and the sandwiches were covered in aluminum, which at first was annoying but did a great job at keeping it warm. My sweet potato fries were delicious despite the fact they covered in something unappealing that made it look like the fries were peeling. I took a huge bite of my sandwich, and I noticed the chicken was breaded. Coming from a morning spin class, breaded chicken is too heavy and not a good healthy option, so that’s something to consider if you’re looking for a healthier lunch. The jalapeños were great, as always, but they made sure to give a bigger serving. The waiter did a good job at refilling and checking up on us, which was much appreciated.

Overall, The Park Wayne Diner is prime location for a WPUNJ Student because it is extremely close to campus, and it accepts Pioneer. Plus, it is open 24/7, which is perfect for those of us who enjoy a midnight snack.

Overall, my rating is as follows:

Service: 8.5

Price: 7.5

Food: 7.5

Location: 9

Appearance: 9

Portion: 7

Convenience for students: 9

TOTAL: 8.2

Photo sources:https://plus.google.com/113342287199224936801/about

Got any suggestions? Have a different experience with The Park Wayne Diner? Better? Worse? Feel free to leave a comment below!

I am a Business Administration student at William Paterson University, graduating in 2015. I am the Social Media Manager at Her Campus WPUNJ. When I'm not working on my assignments, I'm eating food and seeking adventure. I also love to exercise, travel and  spend time with my dog. I try to always enjoy the little things in life, because to me, they are the big things.Be sure to tweet at me! @lalalexiiiii
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"