This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

I love when books are made into TV shows or movies so I can see how the characters in books are portrayed on-screen. TV shows and movies also give a different dimension to characters that you aren’t able to see in books that I like. Here are three books I’ve read that have been made into film or TV adaptations.

The Partner Track

The Partner Track is a legal drama by Helen Wan that follows Ingrid Yung, who is motivated to become the first minority woman to make partner at her prestigious law firm, Parsons Valentine & Hunt. But as the firm’s annual retreat is marred by an offensive skit by one of Ingrid’s coworkers, Ingrid’s plan to become partner has been derailed as she has been chosen to head the new Diversity Initiative at Parsons Valentine.

Partner Track is the TV adaptation of the book, which you can stream on Netflix. After reading the book, it gave me a different view of the show than I had before reading the book as some of the plot and the roles of some characters were changed.

If you are a fan of legal dramas, The Partner Track is definitely for you!

The Summer I Turned Pretty

The Summer I Turned Pretty is written by Jenny Han and takes place in Cousins Beach. It follows Belly, who visits Cousins Beach every summer with her family to stay at her mom’s best friend Susannah’s beach house, along with her two sons, Conrad and Jeremiah. The summer at Cousins is filled with love and secrets, and one secret threatens to change everyone’s life and future summers at Cousins Beach forever.

The show of the same name can be streamed on Amazon Prime Video and was one of the biggest hits of the summer. The Summer I Turned Pretty is part of a trilogy with the other two books, It’s Not Summer Without You and We’ll Always Have Summer.

Famous In Love

Famous in Love is a drama written by Rebecca Serle. It follows Paige Townsen who ends up as the lead of a huge blockbuster movie after an open casting call in her home town in Portland, Oregon. Being the lead of a blockbuster movie is not what Paige envisioned as she learns what being a professional actress is like, as well as trying to navigate Hollywood when she gets thrown into all of the drama being an actress comes with.

Famous in Love was adapted into a TV show of the same name that you can stream on Freeform and Hulu. The TV show adaptation has changed some aspects of the book, including making Paige older.

Famous in Love has a second book in the series named Truly Madly Famously.

I am a sophomore majoring in Sport Management and minoring in business. I love to play and watch sports!