Bobby Nelson ‘2017

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Bobby Nelson ‘2017: Recording Artist, Songwriter, & Producer

Name: Bobby Nelson

Hometown: Garfield, New Jersey

Major: Business Management

Year: Junior

Fun Fact: I’ve been writing songs since I was 7 years old & started recording when I was 10.

Favorite Quote: “Fear is not real. The only place that fear can exist is in our thoughts of the future. It is a product of our imagination, causing us to fear things that do not at present and may not ever exist.” – Will Smith 

William Paterson’s own Bobby Nelson is this week’s Celebrity! A budding star delving into singing, songwriting and producing, Bobby’s go-getter attitude makes him stand out. Having been surrounded by musical influences his whole life Bobby is making his dream come true in the music business, taking big strides with releasing his single “The World is Yours.”

HC: Why did you decide to attend WPUNJ?

CC: I knew that I wanted to attend a university with a great business school that offered their students top tier knowledge, resources, and opportunities to excel in the business world – and I knew that WPUNJ’s Cotsakos College of Business would do just that.

HC: So tell us a little bit about yourself, just some general background?

CC: I’m pretty much a young workaholic – I’m pursuing my dream in the music business as an Artist/Songwriter while pursuing my bachelor’s degree in Management. I’m a strong believer in “work hard now & play later” – I try to use my free time effectively and get the most done in a 24-hour span daily.  

HC: How did you become so passionately involved with music?

CC: I come from a big musical family. I’ve always been exposed to different types of music (mostly R&B, Soul, and Hip-Hop) for as long as I could remember, so I became passionate about it early on. Once my parents seen how passionate I was about music, they provided me with an in-home recording studio so that I could create as much as possible– so I’m thankful.

HC: What are some of your biggest accomplishments so far?

CC: I would have to say performing at the Meadowlands State Fair, appearing on News 12 New Jersey (Spotlight Television Segment) twice, and releasing two independent albums that allowed me to grow my fan base tremendously and expose my music to thousands of people over the Internet.

HC: What do you hope for the future with your music career or just in general?

CC: I will continue to promote my new single “The World Is Yours” and prepare for the release of my upcoming EP entitled ”Lonely Creativity”. I hope to sign with a major label in the near future. That would give me a platform and an opportunity to expose my music to millions of people – nationally as well as internationally. I see myself selling millions of singles/albums, touring worldwide, and starting an entertainment company. So I have a lot of work to do!

Check out Bobby’s website: Bobby Nelson’s Music for more!

Samantha is a Junior and the president of Her Campus WPUNJ at William Paterson University in Wayne, New Jersey. She prefers the nickname Sam and is majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Visual Communication. She lives in Central Jersey and lives for the New York Rangers. She loves the outdoors and all things entomology, especially butterflies. When she's not catching up on her favorite Netflix shows she's either working out at the Rec, writing up a spicy new piece for Her Campus, or watching hockey. But most importantly, the way to her heart is some delicious sushi!
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"