This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Honey is a popular ingredient that most of us have in our kitchen cabinets. Honey is something you put in your tea. It’s a natural sweetener, reduces cough and throat irritation, gives you nutrients, and may improve your digestive health. You may have known all the benefits honey does for your body, but did you know it has beauty benefits as well?

Honey can do wonders for your skin. It is a great moisturizer, making your skin soft and radiant. There are many mixtures you can create such as raw honey, olive oil, and lemon juice, but I find that raw honey does the trick. Leave it on for 15 to 20 minutes, then wash it off with warm water.

Honey is an exfoliator to your skin. If you do it regularly, it helps remove dead skin cells. Add lemon juice and sugar and leave it on for about 15 minutes before washing it off with warm water.

Other things honey does for your skin include treating sunburn, improving acne, fading scars, and helping to get rid of dark circles under your eyes.

Not only does honey do great things for your skin, but it is also good for your hair. Honey is known to improve dry and hair, and tends to make it shiny. It can be used as a hair conditioner.

Honey provides nourishment to your skin and hair just like it does to your body. Whatever you put on your body quickly absorbs into your skin, which is why natural honey is a good substitute for any toxic ingredients that may be in other skin and hair products.

There are many recipes that you can access that use honey for treating your hair and skin online. One thing to remember is, honey is made of mostly sugar and even though it is natural, the sugar is still being absorbed into your body so it is good to rotate treatment throughout the week and not use it every day.

Hi everyone