Farnsworth Fireplace TV Stand?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Farnsworth Fireplace TV Stand?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Courtesy of Walmart

Becky G is set to star in Telenovela American Adaption

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Becky G, rapper, singer, and actress, might return to the small screen.

According to JustJaredJr, she’s in talks to star in “The Queen of the Flow”, an American adaption of the Colombian telenovela “La Reina del Flow”.

Will Smith’s company Westbrook Studios, Universal Television, and “Queen of the South” writer Jorge Reyes are set to pitch this project for Peacock.

Deadline also reported the collaboration will vary between several production companies. Tucker Tooley Entertainment, Major Content, Wild Sheep Content, and Caracol Television will also be involved in the development.

Caracol Television is the same network “La Reina Del Flow” aired on.

The plot is about aspiring singer/songwriter Yeimy who was wrongfully imprisoned, years later, an old flame seeks fame and success thanks to her music. So, she seizes an opportunity to make music and seek justice.

This isn’t the first time “La Reina Del Flow” has been remade. There was the Mexican version called “La Reina Soy Yo” (2019), which aired on Las Estrellas in Mexico and Univision in the United States.

This news come in right after Becky G won the iHeartRadio award for a Latin song for “MAMIII”, which was in collaboration with Colombian singer Karol G. She also released her new single “Chanel” featuring Peso Pluma.

In the meantime, you can stream “La Reina Del Flow” on Netflix.

An aspiring journalist with a passion for pop culture but also talks about self-care, and local news. Major in Journalism minor in Psychology. And whenever she's not writing articles or studying she's listening to music or podcasts or watch television.