Ryan Gosling and Margot Robbie in Barbie
Warner Bros. Pictures

Barbie Movie Trailer is Here

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Warner Bros. released the official trailer for the upcoming live-action film “Barbie” on Tuesday, April 4.

The film takes place in Barbie Land where various Barbies and Kens live together. And they all have unique and exciting personalities.

Margot Robbie and Ryan Gosling star as our main Barbie and Ken.

Greta Gerwig is the director of the film she’s previously directed hit films “Lady Bird” (2017) and “Little Women” (2019). 

The trailer looks fun, exciting, and adventurous, and everyone is rocking pink like nobody’s business.

The film also stars Simu Liu, Issa Rae, Dua Lipa, Will Ferrel, Emma McKay, Alexandra Shipp, Scott Evans, Kate McKinnon, Ncuti Gatwa, Nicola Coughlan, Ritu Arya, Michael Cera, America Ferrera, Ariana Greenblatt, Helen Mirren, Connor Swindells, and Jamie Demetriou.

Based on the trailer, it looks like Margot Robbie’s Barbie and Ryan Gosling’s Ken are on their way to the real world and are about to experience interesting adventures together. Which could surprise them from what they’re used to.

Ryan Gosling was asked about his character Ken with Entertainment Tonight for “The Gray Man” (2022). After the photos of him as Ken went viral on the internet, he jokingly said he has “Kenergy”. 

“Ken’s got no money, he’s got no job, no car, he’s got no house, you know he’s going through some stuff”, said Ryan Gosling, actor.

Margot Robbie also serves as one of the producers with her company Lucky Chap Entertainment. And she’s previously produced films such as “I Tonya”, “Promising Young Women”, and “Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey”.

Barbie” will debut in theaters Friday, July 21.

An aspiring journalist with a passion for pop culture but also talks about self-care, and local news. Major in Journalism minor in Psychology. And whenever she's not writing articles or studying she's listening to music or podcasts or watch television.