BACHELOR EXCLUSIVE: Ashley I. Tells All!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

We love The Bachelor here at Her Campus WPUNJ, so when we saw that one of the girls vying for Chris Soules’s affection was from Wayne, we were super excited!  I sent Ashley Iaconetti a message to chat with me for this interview, and we did just after this week’s episode aired.  She was let go after not receiving a rose on her two-on-one date with Kelsey.  Ashley gained a lot of media attention for openly announcing that she is a virgin on the show.  And after the last episode, Ashley got kudos for calling out the rudest, craziest girl in the house, Kelsey, for her strange behavior, manipulative actions and for doubting her intelligence.  Now that she has been eliminated, she’s giving us the scoop! 

What made you audition for this season of The Bachelor

Ever since Ashley Hebert’s season (Ashley married J.P. Rosenbaum) my friends and I were joking about it.  I made a very elaborate audition tape.  It was very funny.  I got out of a limo, went on a one-on-one date, a group date, and received the final rose.  I wouldn’t have done it if it weren’t for Chris being the Bachelor. 

What was your first day at the house like?

It was super fun.  My first date was also filmed the same day.  The first couple of weeks, Chris is on a date all the time.  We had no phone, Internet, television, or electronics.  This was so that all the girls would be completely focused on finding love.  It took two weeks to film four episodes.

Was most of the drama between the girls real or fabricated for TV?

None of the drama between the girls was fabricated.  It’s all genuine.

What’s it like when you aren’t filming? 

People were pretty much the same when the cameras were on and off.  The cameras are basically always on though.  However, when we were in hotels they were less present.

How long is a typical rose ceremony?

The first one was at least one hour.  The others typically lasted 15 minutes.  You’re not allowed to talk during the ceremony.  The producers told us all to stand straight, look forward, and not to talk.  So basically, we could only make facial expressions. 

What was up with Ashley S. and Kelsey?  They both seem a little cray cray. 

They didn’t show very much of the build-up of our feelings towards Kelsey for a while.  That last week or two her actions spoke for herself.  All of us girls in the house felt like she was using her story in a manipulative way.  Every single thing that came out of her mouth was well thought-out.  It was all about completing her ‘amazing story’.  Ashley S. is hilarious and harmless.  She’s definitely an interesting girl.

Tell us about Britt. 

She was always very sweet to me.  I have a serious girl crush on her.  Her hair is amazing! 

Why did you call out Chris for keeping Britt when he was letting you go? 

I thought – If you’re basing me off of my appearance, then why aren’t you judging her the same?

What is your favorite memory from the show? 

All the meals the girls and I had at the hotel, especially in Santa Fe.  All of the conversations were cohesive.  We were fed so much all the time.  We would sit with the producers and laugh for hours!

Was it difficult to announce that you were a virgin?

It was really hard for me to tell him.  I thought he should know because of the way he probably perceived me.  If it were real life, I would have told him already too.

Do you think it made Chris treat you differently? 

That is a hard question.  It did surprise him and he did not know how to react, but the following week he was normal.  However, when that episode aired when Mackenzie and I were having the first conversation about me being a virgin, she said I am so lucky because “guys love it when girls are virgins.”  Right after that aired, Chris tweeted “Mackenzie must’ve gotten some bad information.”  I was shocked! 

What relationship or dating advice do you have for other young women who are also virgins? 

Never lower your standards.  Wait for the right guy who will respect you.  It may take longer, but hopefully it’s worth the wait.

Lastly, do you feel that The Bachelor and the media accurately portrayed you

The Ashley people saw during my interviews with Jimmy Kimmel and Good Morning America is the version of me I want people to remember me for.  At the same time, I am a little dramatic and very emotional, so if people have a problem with that then I’m sorry; that’s just me.

*Did you love Ashley’s style and makeup from the show?  Be sure to check out her beauty blog for her looks from the show and makeup favorites here: duchesskimberly.com 

*She also has her very own freelancing production company – E & S Media Creations.  If you ever need a video made, contact her by going to eandsmediacreations.com.

Jenna is the Co-Founder, President and Social Media & Events Director of the WPUNJ branch of Her Campus.  She is a senior Marketing major with a minor in Public Relations.  In the fall 2014 semester, she interned with In Touch, Life & Style and Closer Weekly at Bauer Publishing in the public relations department.  In the spring 2015 semester, she is interning with Jaguar Land Rover North America in the network development department.  She is the Student Representative for the PR & Marketing Committee of WPUNJ, a MTV Trendspotter for MTV Insights and blogger of collegiate advice.  She is a member of Beta Gamma Sigma and Lambda Pi Eta honor societies, and will graduate Magna Cum Laude.  Previously, Jenna worked as a Student Ambassador and Tour Coordinator in the Admissions Office at WPUNJ, was a member of the Student Public Relations Association (SPRA) and was a publicity intern for Kim "Kim D" DePaola, owner of POSCHE Boutique in Wayne, NJ, who is featured on the Real Housewives of New Jersey.  Jenna's interests include dancing, shopping and hanging out with friends.  She loves everything pink and Britney Spears!