This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Adele’s third studio album ‘25’ was released on November 20, 2015. After her last album ‘21’ in 2011 she was considering quitting music completely to focus on her personal life. In that time she became a mother and feared that she might have lost her ability to write. This year she’s made a comeback and with this album she has solidified her spot n musical history with record breaking sales. Adele’s ‘25′ album sold 3.38 million copies in its first week in the U.S., according to Nielsen Music.

Track by Track review of ’25’

1. “Hello”

The only single of this album. Album starts the album off with a conversation from a reunion with an old love, everyone. In an interview with The New York Times she said “It’s a hello to myself, hello to all my friends, hello to my ex-boyfriend, hello to who I’m going to be in 10 years, hello to my kid in 10 years, hello to my boyfriend in 10 years — to my fans, to everyone.”

2. “Send My Love (to Your New Lover)”

Apparently Taylor Swift inspired this song. She loved how Bad Blood was composed and she found Max Martin and that was that. Another hit.

3. “I Miss You”

We fight and we yell but I want everything with you forever. This is what this song speaks about. It is her plea to her lover to fight for what they have worked so hard to build.

4.“When We Were Young”

This old friend/lover is an enigmatic and charismatic person. They had a relationship in their younger years. They bump into each other at an event that she didn’t think he’d be at and finally she gets to speak to him. She wants to ask so much and she is rushed by so many emotions at once.

5. “Remedy”

“I promise you will see

That I will be, I will be your remedy”

She wants her lover to know that she will be there through all the bad times. She is going nowhere. In the darkest moments she will be by his side.

6. “Water Under the Bridge”

It’s about a relationship suddenly getting really, really serious, and then getting a bit frightened by it.  She then realizes that ‘I think this must be right. This is the relationship that I want to be in for as long as I can possibly be in it.’

7.“River Lea”

This song could be about her wanting to move on, but her emotional attachment that she has on the River Lea, is perhaps preventing her to. Maybe she went there often and that’s why she feels connected to it.

8.“Love In the Dark”

Many assume that “Love In The Dark” is yet another about the relationship that most of 21 is based on. This song reflects how she felt at the time. Adele finds herself in the uncomfortable position given her history of being the one doing the breaking up.

9.“Million Years Ago”

She recounts a more reckless and free youth. But she realizes that in order to have such a carefree and liberated existence she would have to make mistakes. A lot of things she wish she wouldn’t have done. She misses the simpler times.

10. “All Ask”

In this song Adele knows the relationship is ending and she wants to end it well. She saw the inevitable end but still hopes it isn’t as painful as other times.

11.“Sweetest Devotion”

A beautiful song and such a sweet way to end the album. The song speaks of a new unconditional love that came out of nowhere. I think she’s speaking about this new love for her son. A lot of parents speak of this new and even magical love that rushes over you when you’re first introduced to their newborns.

For anyone who doubted Adele at any moment I dare you to listen to this album and not like at least one song. She definitely knows how to make a comeback!

19 Bi-racial, bi-lingual WPUNJ Junior Double Major in Financial Planning and Pop Music
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"