Activities That Will Boost Halloween Spirit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

It’s finally October, and you know what that means?? It’s almost Halloween!!! Are you and your friends trying to get in the spirit of this amazing holiday? Well, no worries! Here are a few group activities that’ll have your Halloween spirit soaring through the roof!

Go shopping for your Halloween costume.

Or just make your costume from scratch.

Show off your unique and creative sewing skills by creating the costume of your dreams! 

Go to a pumpkin patch.

Schedule a photo shoot or just hangout with your friends and family. Local pumpkin patches can be found here

Carve some pumpkins.

As cliché as it might be, just do it and enjoy it. You’ll feel like an artist once your work is done! 

Go to a haunted house or haunted hayride.

This makes a great date night too, because it gives you a reason to jump on your crush without making things awkward. Here are the top scary haunted houses and hayrides in the surrounding area! 

Watch a scary movie or catch up on American Horror Story.

Here are the top 30 greatest horror movies!! 

Buy Halloween candy and just start eating it.

Bake Halloween cookies.

Find some spooky, yet tasty and delicious recipes here. 

Decorate your house, apartment, or dorm room with Halloween decorations.

Experiment with costume make-up.

Drink pumpkin spice anything!

Go to a costume party.

Or why not just throw a Halloween party?!

Visit a spooky town.

Take some scary cemetery or ghost tours and learn the creepy history behind some of the towns right next door! Here are a few places surrounding Sleepy Hollow NY and here are some around Amityville, NY. 

Take a trip to Six Flags for Fright Fest.

Don’t miss out on the scariest events of the month! Get your tickets here

Host a Seance.

Turn off the lights, dust off your old Ouija board, light up some candles, and connect with the spirits to give yourself the ultimate scare!

Tune in and watch ABC Family’s 12 Nights of Halloween.

13 nights of spooky and frightful movies just for you! Find the schedule here

So many Halloween activities and not enough time! Try your best to get through the list, making this month the scariest one yet! The best pictures and memories come from scaring your friends and having fun. 

My name is Nasia (pronounced Asia with an N). I’m 24 years old, born and raised in New Jersey. I transferred to William Paterson University, where I found my passion for Public Relations and all things social media. Joining Her Campus was the best decision I ever made. I love what I do and I love sharing what I do with others who love it just as much.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"