Activities I Look Forward to Over Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

As the semester draws to a close I can barely see winter break insight from the mountain of finals and assignements I am buried under. But nonetheless, winter break is almost here! And I am so grateful for that. When winter break hits, I have so many stages I go through since I have so much free time on my hands. I’m sure you can relate to these as much as I do.

1. Sleep and Netflix– First I sleep in and do not remove myself from my bed unless it is for food, to hydrate or bathroom breaks. I always do this becasue going from all-nighters and running around with my head in books and hunched over my laptop, I totally need this to destress and unwind. I go from one extreme to the next.

2. Clean and Reorganize– Since I’m constantly busy all semester with work, extracurriculars and school, it is the perfect time to reorgnize my room. All semeter I fiddle around on pintrest with different way to organize and decorate my room wishing I had the time to do so. Break allows me to zone in on my crafty side and make everything fresh in new. Bring in the good vibes and take out the bad ones from the last 4 months.

3.Old Friends- Since I definientely neglected my social game duing the past 2-3 weeks -preparing for and taking finals, I take this time to reconnect or grab a drink with old friends from my hometown and even visit my friends who have gone home from break. It gives me a chance to talk about something normal rather than calculating what grade I need on the final in order to get a B.

4. Plans- I take every break to do something I’ve always wanted to. Whether it be travel, a trip to the city, getting back to the gym (DEF need to do this, this coming break) or starting a blog. Somthing I always think about during the semester but never get around to doing. This helps me establish myself and gives myself new opportunities to experience.  

So as I rotate all of these over the 4-week coarse break I am relaxed and rejuvinated so that during the final days I prepare myself mentally and phsically to go back to school. But let’s not think about that now, let’s think and dream about endless sleep, netflix series, holidays, drinks, food and friends.

Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"