9 Ways to FALL in Love With New Jersey

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Fall…. Arguably the best season of the year ( please, do not try to argue with me on this). Leaves are changing, pumpkin spice is brewing, and laughter is filling the air. Take some time to bring your family and friends to these fall-related events. I promise you will love New Jersey just as much as I do! 

1. Go Pumpkin Picking 

Pumpkin picking is a fall staple. Whether or not you decide to go with the entire family, with your closest gal pals, or on a cute fall date with your significant other. Pumpkin picking is a MUST for the fall! Conklin Farm, in Montville, NJ, is a great place with a 4.8 rating. You will be able to find the cutest little pumpkin to carve, paint, or make into the tastiest, homemade pie!!

2. Visit a Haunted House 

With Halloween right around the corner, fall is the perfect time to visit an asylum! Brighton Asylum is the place to go for the most daring of thrill seekers. Brighton Asylum offers escape rooms and a haunted house, so there will be fun (and fright) for everyone! 

3. Take a Hike

Sometimes, you need to take a break from the hustle and bustle of your day-to-day life. What better way to breathe in some fresh air than by going on a hike? High Mountain Reserve Park is conveniently two minutes away from Willy P! With a beautiful view of the NYC skyline, you’ll come to appreciate the hidden gems of New Jersey. 

4. Visit the Delaware Water Gap

Okay, so you hiked High Mountain Reserve and now you want more of a challenge. Consider visiting the Delaware Water Gap. Offering camping sights, horseback riding, rock-climbing, and more, the Delaware Water Gap is the perfect place for a family getaway. The best part is…. they allow pets! Start packing your bags (and dog food) and go make memories that will last a lifetime!

5. Wine Tasting 

Wine tasting might sound very sophisticated and you may be overwhelmed at first, but you’ll be surprised by how much fun it actually is! It’s perfect for a date with a  boyfriend or girlfriend, and, hey, you get to drink wine! Visit White Horse Winery for the best experience. They offer live music, as well as “Food Truck Fridays” which will be perfect for the munchies after “tasting” all of that wine. Cheers!

6.  Music and Food Festivals 

Why choose one when you can have BOTH?! Seafood and Music Festival, in Wildwood, gives you the best of both worlds! From 11 A.M. until 8 P.M. enjoy food, live music, pie eating contests, and more. Oh, and did I mention that it’s free? 

7. Play a Round of Golf

I, for one, am not the best golf player. However, Top Golf is not your typical game of golf. With an indoor seating area, full-service bar, and chicken tenders to die for, Top Golf will be your favorite Saturday night hang-out spot this fall. 

8. Go to a Drive-in Movie Theater 

Drive-in movie theaters can be very romantic, and perfect for a date night with your boo. The Warwick Drive-In Movie Theater is open Friday-Sunday and always shows a double feature. So, grab some popcorn and a cutie and enjoy a perfect fall date!

9. Walk With a Purpose 

There are so many walk-a-thon’s that take place in the fall, such as walks for breast cancer. Making Strides Against Breast Cancer holds annual walks throughout New Jersey during the month of October. You will feel the love and support or everyone who volunteers or participates in the walk. What better way to fall in love with New Jersey?

Whether or not you decide to do one or all of these events, I’m confident that you will have a new found love for New Jersey! 

Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"