This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Halloween is quickly creeping up on us, and that means Halloween parties galore! You know you have to have your costume game on point. That’s why we’re here! Check out some of these spooky yet cute costume makeup looks to scare and impress all of your friends! 

1. The Other Mother from Coraline 

A very popular YouTuber named Lex, better known as Madeyewlook, has dedicated her channel to some amazingly creative special effects makeup. She dedicates all of October to creating looks, especially for Halloween. You can check out her channel here to see more of her work. 

2.  A Bratz Doll

Beauty guru, Alissa Ashley, has blessed us with a tutorial on how to look like a Bratz doll, which seems to be a growing trend! Caution: She did have to use glue on her eyebrows to get this look. Keep that in mind! 

3. Comic Book-Inspired Wonder Woman

The queen herself, Nikki Tutorials, recreated an awesome Wonder Woman look in her original comic book style. A bright bold red lip and some eyeliner are the two main ingredients to this look, so if you are a beginner, this is a great look for you! 

4. Day of the Dead Skull

Iris Beilin is the beauty guru that created this simple yet stunning makeup for a Day of the Dead sugar skull

5. Unicorn, Mermaid, or Fairy

How can you go wrong with glitter? This look by Katie Snooks can work for a unicorn, mermaid, or fairy because it draws from a similar color palette. You can add whatever clothing or hair accessories you want to solidify the creature that you are going for!  

6. Pennywise the Dancing Clown from It 

Pennywise will probably be the most popular costume this year, so why not do something a little different? This costume, by Jasmine Brown, will not require white face paint, and the only extra product you should have to buy is fake blood and face gems, which should be readily available at your local Walmart, Target, or Halloween store. 

7. Vampire

There’s nothing wrong with going back to the classics! This sultry vampire look by Roxette Arisa will only require a red smoky eye, fangs, and some fake blood. Have fun with it! 

Try some of these inventive looks, and share them with your friends! Have fun this Halloween! Just remember to creep it real, and if you’ve got it, haunt it!

Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"