5 Ways to Reinvent Your Summer Outfits for Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

It’s that time of year again for hot pumpkin spice lattes but it’s also time to spice up your wardrobe! All of these pieces are basic essentials that almost everyone has in their closets, which makes them especially easy to find and put together to create your go-to fall outfits. Her Campus WPUNJ found these simple pieces to transform your favorite summer outfits to get you ready for autumn.

1. Tights and Knee-High Socks – Tights and socks not only keep your legs warm but they can make an outfit instantly cuter and cozier. Wear tights under your most often worn shorts, skirts, and dresses of the summer or tuck your socks into boots.
  2. Hats and Scarves – Everything changes when you add a winter accessory to your outfit. Adding a hat or scarf to your look shows the world that you are so ready for fall!
  3. Layering Sweaters – An easy way to keep you cute and casual but still warm in the fall is to layer sweaters over your favorite dresses or rompers. I especially love doing this with off the shoulder sweaters.
  4. Boots – Take your favorite outfit from summer to fall simply by switching out your sandals for boots.
  5. Flannels – Flannel shirts were made for those chilly fall days. The plaid designs and warm colors are perfect for this time of year. 

Photo source:

http://www.hercampus.com/sites/default/files/media_crop/152131/public/rsz_zara-casual-fall-2010-lookbook-5.jpg

Lainie is a contributing writer for Her Campus WPUNJ.  She is currently a junior print journalism major. She hopes to one day travel the globe and share her experiences with the world via a blog or in magazine articles. She enjoys listening to music, hanging out with friends and family, and surfing Tumblr for the latest memes. 
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"