diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
diego ph fIq0tET6llw unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways To Be On Time

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

During Spring Break it’s easy to fall into a pattern of sleeping in and catching up with friends late into the night, which can effectively ruin your school routine. However, before you despair or if you’ve always had trouble being on time, here are some tips to help set you straight.

1. Invest in a watch

Or at the very least get something you can use to keep track of time other then your phone. You want something you can set five to two minutes ahead so you don’t get distracted by apps or emails, and so you don’t think you have more time then you do. This brings us to tip number 2…

2. Over Plan

Most people make the mistake of thinking they have more time than they do. Take into consideration how long it usually takes you to get somewhere and how long it takes you to get ready, then give yourself some wiggle room. Remember it’s okay to be a little early.

3. Get some sleep

If you have trouble getting places, especially in the morning, the problem may be that you’re not well-rested. There are a lot of benifits to a good night’s sleep, but long story short if you develop a decent sleeping pattern you’ll feel less groggy, and getting ready for class or work will be easier.

4. Remember what’s important

Being on time is not just about avoiding that embarassing walk to find a seat while the professor is in the middle of his or her lecture. It’s a good habit that will make you stand out in both the professional and academic world. Take that into consideration before you hit the snooze button again, and finally…

5. Prioritize

If you find yourself off to a bad start, don’t panic, just figure what needs to get done before you leave and what doesn’t. If you’re going to class having something to eat is probably going to be more important then putting on your make up in the long run. If you can skip it, then do so.

In summary, you’re not going to master being on time overnight, especially if it’s something you struggle with. However there is some hope — following these steps will help you get on the right track. If you remember nothing else, keep in mind what an employer once told me, “To be early is to be on time, and to be on time is late.”

My name is Tia Rhinehart. I'm a Junior at William Paterson University, and I enjoy reading, writing, watching tv, and doodling.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"