nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Ways To Be Single and Love It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

After being in a relationship for a while, being single may feel weird or ever sad and boring. I promise, however, that when being looked at from a positive perspective, it can be great. There are some steps to take before being single feels “normal” again. Here are the five ways to be single and love it.

1. Come to terms with your wrong doings in the relationship

Whatever you did in the relationship that didn’t help its pre-existing problems, acknowledge it. Then accept that you made a mistake, because you’re human, and simply get over it. Don’t allow yourself to wallow in pity over a mistake forever, forgive yourself. That’s the most important apology to give and the best acceptance to receive.

1. Don’t be afraid to be sad

You did just lose a lover and friend, so don’t pretend to be emotionless and not care about it. You care. That’s fine. Don’t allow the sadness to overtake your life and other relationships, but don’t ignore the possibility of you being sad because it hinders the growth process. Give yourself a grief period and then from that time or date choose to let it go. Allow it to creep up because that’s normal but also remind yourself to let it go.

1. DELETE EVERYTHING

Pictures, messages, Instagram posts, tweets … DELETE THEM ALL. If they were specific to your ex-partner and you, it has to go. Think of it as spring cleaning. If deleting is to hard for you, find a way to archive or hide them that way there is no constant reminder of what once was.

1. Recognize that you have an opportunity to work on you

Too often people look at being single as a death sentence or prison term. It can actually be the time to do things you’ve always wanted to do, or change some things that have always bothered you. It’s also a time to work more than you had time for with your relationship and who doesn’t love a bigger paycheck?

1. Get a little sexy

Use this time to re-invent yourself. Wear that dress you always thought was too short, or those heels that made your legs unforgettably long. Use this time to get in touch with your sexy,sweet or whatever side you feel amazing in!

I'm a Communications major at William Paterson University. This is my first semester here as a freshman and I'm new to writing for Her Campus.
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"