This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.
  1. Go to a pumpkin patch

Going and picking out pumpkins is such a fun and classic fall activity. Going to a pumpkin patch is a festive thing everyone needs to do, but personally I think it’s better to do on Halloween that way it’s spookier. I enjoy going and picking out pumpkins to paint to put in my front yard, which I prefer to carving pumpkins. This is a tradition in my family as we go every year and get pumpkins and do the corn maze. It’s also an activity fun for people of all ages!

2. Watch Halloween Town

BEST MOVIE TO WATCH IN OCTOBER!!! When I was a child, this was my favorite movie to watch in the fall. I think maybe my parents got tired of watching this movie on repeat but I enjoyed it. You should watch this movie while doing number 4 on this list, it makes for the perfect spooky fun combo.

3. Drive around and look at people’s Halloween decorations

This is one of my favorite past times because you get to go and look at interesting Halloween decorations while driving around. This is more selective because I’m sure not everyone likes to just drive around and waste gas, but I advise you to try it at least one Halloween. You could also go for a walk to look at decorations! It’s fun and you get to experience Halloween from different perspectives.

4. Eat Candy

At any age, candy is essential to eat on this day. My personal favorite is KitKats, but getting any candy will work. That means go trick or treating or buy a bag from the store. Either option works but you have to do one so you can be sure to have the most enjoyable October 31st.

5. Make cookies

Cookies are my favorite food and super easy to make! Sitting down to watch Halloween Town with cookies and candy is the superior combo. They are fast to make because you can even buy pre-made cookie dough from the store or you can make from scratch, whatever you prefer. Again another treat that everyone will most likely enjoy on the best day of the year. The Pillsbury sugar ones are especially a must during spooky season!

Class of 2026. music, poetry, animals, traveling, and driving <3