5 Spring Break Songs To Get You Started

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

Spring Break is HERE! Collegiettes, we know some of you have radical plans for fun in the sun, warm beaches and swim up bars…..yes to all of this. Others are doing alternative spring break or some are staying home relaxing. Wherever you are, near or far we’ve got a couple song to add to your playlist to get you in the SB’17 mood. Grab a tiny umbrella for your drink and blast the speakers.

1. The Magician : “SHY” (feat. Brayton Bowman)

We’re gonna start with an upbeat tune to get the party started. This song has a EDM vibe with a good dance beat to follow through, the hook is amazing as well. Next time you’re getting ready to party out by the pool this should be at the top of your list. 

2. J Balvin – Ginza 

Mixing it up, we’re adding a latin song! Under the genre of reggaeton or Spanish rap/pop this song is very well known, you’ve probably heard it before. More of a club beat it’s a great pregame song before you go out and party the night away. 

3. Pia Mia- Do it Again

Pia Mia is fairly new to the scene but her songs are phenomenal. Hip hop with a good dance beat behind it this song will get those sitting down on their feet! 

4. Carlos Vives, Shakira – La Bicicleta ft. Maluma

This is the remix…and so much better than the original. This spicy latin hit is hard to sit still to. Shakira, our hips don’t lie either.

5. Pitbull – Timber ft. Ke$ha

We wanted to finish off strong, and with a veteran favorite Timber is the one! The harmonica and hip hop combined is unlike anything else and so catchy! 

Samantha is a Junior and the president of Her Campus WPUNJ at William Paterson University in Wayne, New Jersey. She prefers the nickname Sam and is majoring in Public Relations with a minor in Visual Communication. She lives in Central Jersey and lives for the New York Rangers. She loves the outdoors and all things entomology, especially butterflies. When she's not catching up on her favorite Netflix shows she's either working out at the Rec, writing up a spicy new piece for Her Campus, or watching hockey. But most importantly, the way to her heart is some delicious sushi!
 Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"