Anna Schultz-Girl Smiling With Arms Full Of Food
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
Life > Experiences

5 snacks you need in your dorm at all times

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

I wanted to write this because I was hungry at the time, and because I wanted to share my opinions on what foods you should always keep on hand. Maybe you might have the same ideas or I might even inspire you to go out and buy some of these snacks!

1. Cookies

Cookies are the best type of food to enjoy at anytime of the day. Sometimes I wake up and if I have no motivation to make food, I go for my Oreos or whatever cookie I have on hand. They provide you energy and happiness throughout the day. I even take some with me on the go if I want a snack in between classes. Cookies are an essential in every pantry because you can have them as a dessert after any meal or before.

2. Ramen or any Instant Noodle or Soup

Ramen or instant noodles is a no brainer for college students. They are a quick meal you can make during studying or while doing laundry that still tastes pretty good. Soup is a good alternative to a quick meal as well if you have access to a microwave. The stores even sell little ones that are portioned for one meal and have microwave instructions on it. These meals are cheap so they work if you’re on a budget as well.

3. Cheese

This one might be more selective for some people but I think it’s something you need if you like cheese. You can literally put it on anything and make a quick healthy snack. You can buy it in many different forms so whatever type you prefer will do. Honestly at the beginning I didn’t think it was a good idea to buy this, but now I catch myself snacking on it a lot.

4. Fruit

Fruit is a snack that is good in many ways. Its a good source of nutrients and it tastes sweet. Most fruits you only need to wash to prepare so it makes it super easy to have in a dorm room. Most people I feel don’t think about this when at college but if you want more than the 2 fruits the dining hall offers I suggest you buy some of your own.

5. A drink that is not water

Water will get old if you like to drink other drinks besides it. So making sure you’re stocked up on other types of drinks like juice, soda, or tea, as it will let you have some variety in what you drink. For me, sometimes when I get back from a long day of classes I want to drink something besides water, so having access to that in my dorm is a good thing to have. Obviously if you only drink water this won’t pertain to you, but even then you might like some type of flavored water!

Class of 2026. music, poetry, animals, traveling, and driving <3