jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

5 Places to Visit in NYC During the Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WPUNJ chapter.

1. 79th Street Green Market  & Green Flea Market

Behind the main entrance of the American Museum of Natural History, every Sunday morning from 9am to 5pm magic happens along the wide sidewalk. The 79th street Green Market is home to the freshest produce New York has seen, with reasonable prices also. There you can find organic locally harvested honey, fresh plants to decorate your room and beauty products like lip balms, soaps, and lotions.

Two streets down at west 77th street with Columbus ave you will find another hidden gem, often filmed by HGTV the Green Flea Market operates year-round indoors and outdoors from 9 am- 5:30 pm. This market has been around for 30 years and the proceeds go to four public schools in the city, helping them pay for supplies and books. My favorite booths to visit are the Harber vintage real fur coats and the Ode Good Things furniture.

Address – 

Green Flea Market 

100 west 77th st, New York, NY

Green Market

w 79th st with Columbus Ave

2.Central Park- Bethesda Fountain

Calling all Gossip Girl fans! Perhaps the most iconic location of Central Park overlooking the Loeb Boat House. This is a must for fall as the leaves turn all shades of red, yellow, and orange you will have an amazing view of the city and nature. It is extremely common to find models, artists, and weddings all happening in that area. In the show, Blair Waldorf would often meet with friends there and at the end, she marries the love of her life Chuck Bass in the Bethesda terrace that overlooks the fountain and the iconic Central Park pond.   

Address –

72 Terrace Drive, New York

3. Cafe Reggio 

Two streets after Washington square park, in Greenwich Village you will find your self-transported to another world. Cafe Reggio another iconic location, home to the original cappuccino, this place first opened up in 1927 serving high-quality coffee and till today not much has changed. Inside the cafe, you can find a painting by a student who worked under the guidance of Caravaggio himself and a bench that was once in a palazzo of the famous Medici Family. In addition to the history and art, Cafe, Reggio offers delicious food and drinks, including mimosas that aren’t a rip-off. 

Address –

119 Macdougal St, New York,4. 

4.Spa Castle

Located in Queens this spa is the perfect place to go after being stressed out due to midterms and finals. I recommend visiting them once weather drops and the hot 90-degree pools naturally create a veil of fog that covers the pools entirely. The spa is open every day of the week and it is cheaper to visit during the weekday, the price of admission only is forty during the week and forty-five in the weekend, they are open from eight am to eleven pm.

Address-

131-10 11th Ave, College Point,

5. Chelsea Market

In my opinion, this list wouldn’t be complete without Chelsea market. For the ones who are unfamiliar with the market, it is best described as a long maze where you will find many delicious shops along the way. In the market, you feel a certain warmth from the exposed bricks, yellow dim lights and limited views to the outside world, making it perfect for cold days in the city. My favorite places to visit are Takumi where you can get the best sake sangria for a reasonable price and Friedman’s Lunch where they have great inexpensive food and happy hour specials.

Address-

75 9th Ave, New York, NY

Di Onne Agnew "chic, comfy, and stylish"